21993549-L.jpg

Last one, is this his ticket for the car park?:rofl

21980373-L.jpg

The rest are here :http://seamus.smugmug.com/gallery/531871/1/21974086

Comments

• Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2005
    Shay...mate im getting the red X's...can anyone else see them ?
  • Options
    SeamusSeamus Registered Users Posts: 1,573 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    headscratch.gif , they show ok, btw, I posted in AJ's thread, I have really enjoyed all of the yosemite threads, great pics and a great trip. I just spent an hour going through all of them again.

How are the new lens?

Shay.
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2005
    shay wrote:
    headscratch.gif , they show ok, btw, I posted in AJ's thread, I have really enjoyed all of the yosemite threads, great pics and a great trip. I just spent an hour going through all of them again.

How are the new lens?

Shay.
    Nup...something must be up at my end...i would really like to see your shots.

The new lenses are everything i expected (thankyou again andy). The 400 f/5.6 is a dream...just whack it on & shoot...its nothing to pull 1/2000 in the day time over there but our sun is a hell of a lot harsher here so speed is no problem at all at 5.6. I did have an issue which will see it maybe go back to canon though...i put it on the camera & slid the hood out & forgot to take the lens cap off...the hood jammed on it & so i tried to push the hood back & it stuck fast. I got the cap off no worries but now the hood sits half way (its a friction type of fit). I will see if the local guys here (very reputable) can do it for me for a few bob or send it to canon...it was my fault so it may cost me a little but i did have everything insured if it goes pear shaped $ wise.

The 135mm L f/2 is liquid gold mate....i cant describe its beauty. But you really have to learn that at f/2 the depth of field is only mm's over 20 odd feet. That caught me out a lot on the trip being a new player. Its a very fast focuser.

The little 50mm f/1.8 got its 1st run last night at a party i went to & am yet to process the shots but fast ...light & cheap as chips, what more can i say.

Gus
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2005
    no piccies here either ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2005
    Nope - red x's all over
    Humungus wrote:
    it might be the south thingie:-):D
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2005
    bfjr wrote:
    no piccies here either ne_nau.gif
    ne_nau.gif , I edited the post and they are showing up???
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    Nup...something must be up at my end...i would really like to see your shots.

The new lenses are everything i expected (thankyou again andy). The 400 f/5.6 is a dream...just whack it on & shoot...its nothing to pull 1/2000 in the day time over there but our sun is a hell of a lot harsher here so speed is no problem at all at 5.6. I did have an issue which will see it maybe go back to canon though...i put it on the camera & slid the hood out & forgot to take the lens cap off...the hood jammed on it & so i tried to push the hood back & it stuck fast. I got the cap off no worries but now the hood sits half way (its a friction type of fit). I will see if the local guys here (very reputable) can do it for me for a few bob or send it to canon...it was my fault so it may cost me a little but i did have everything insured if it goes pear shaped $ wise.

The 135mm L f/2 is liquid gold mate....i cant describe its beauty. But you really have to learn that at f/2 the depth of field is only mm's over 20 odd feet. That caught me out a lot on the trip being a new player. Its a very fast focuser.

The little 50mm f/1.8 got its 1st run last night at a party i went to & am yet to process the shots but fast ...light & cheap as chips, what more can i say.

Gus
    I don't know what's wrong with the picsne_nau.gif ,
    I can't get a 400 5.6 here, I have an order with a camera shop for the last month, I'm thinking about ordering from b&h and taking the hit on customs duty. Even the shops in England don't have it in stock.

I am sure the local shop can fix the hood. I'm looking forward to the surf shots. The 135 should be a great lens when you go back to the motocross track.
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2005
    I just checked the template, I had external links turned off, sorryeek7.gif
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2005
    Now I see
    shay wrote:
    I just checked the template, I had external links turned off, sorryeek7.gif
    Nice shooting, mate!1drink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2005
    Ahhhh !! Thats better....fantastic shots. Your going to love that 400 seriously mate. That pit shot is fantastic !! thumb.gif
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2005
    Yeah that's real nice thumb.gif
    Pit shot 15524779-Ti.gif
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2005
    Nikolai wrote:
    Nice shooting, mate!1drink.gif
    thanks Nik, really enjoyed your pics from Yosemite, especially the ones of the participants,

Shay.
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    Ahhhh !! Thats better....fantastic shots. Your going to love that 400 seriously mate. That pit shot is fantastic !! thumb.gif
    I got evicted from the pits just after taking that shot, because it was going to be on tv the Marchall's weren't as lenient as normal. I was in the middle of a group of real photographers earlier on and I got asked for a press pass. I didn't have the neck to lie and left with my tail between my legs.
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2005
    bfjr wrote:
    Yeah that's real nice thumb.gif
    Pit shot 15524779-Ti.gif
    thanks Ben,thumb.gif
  • Options
    SeymoreSeymore Banned Posts: 1,539 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2005
    Sweeeeet shots Shay. To bad about the press pass question you got nailed with. Guess I need to watch myself next weekend. umph.gif Doing a race @ PPIR and have TIX to the garage area. I hope things are a bit more lax on this side of the pond.
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited May 16, 2005
    FIrst and last are my favorites. It's almost like that last one says "Milk,
    bread, vegetables..." rolleyes1.gifrofl
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited May 16, 2005
    Seymore wrote:
    Sweeeeet shots Shay. To bad about the press pass question you got nailed with. Guess I need to watch myself next weekend. umph.gif Doing a race @ PPIR and have TIX to the garage area. I hope things are a bit more lax on this side of the pond.
    Thanks Seymore, enjoy the AMA. The security for the BSB was a lot tighter than normal. The best races are the road races, you can wander anywhere. If you get in someones way they won't be shy about telling you where to gomwink.gif .
  • Options
    edited May 16, 2005
    ian408 wrote:
    FIrst and last are my favorites. It's almost like that last one says "Milk,
    bread, vegetables..." rolleyes1.gifrofl
    Thanks Ianthumb.gif , the panning worked out fairly well, a lot of keepers.