Elena

Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
edited December 18, 2008 in People
Want to share with you some photos of Elena
7814.jpg
2 Dont know why but her eyes here remind me JFK ....
7816.jpg
7817.jpg
4 She is a student and always has a pencil with her ...
7820.jpg
7821.jpg
7822.jpg
--
Spasibo,
Yuri

Comments

• clemensphoto'sclemensphoto's Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2008
    Once again great job Yuri!clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

I do have a question about the crossed arm possing; I remember reading in a few posts that it is recommend not to have a model/client in a crossed arm pose. Even though it works wonders with the models you findbowdown.gif ; is there a general guideline/rule when to have models to use this pose (with obvious reasons - such as to express attitude or digust, etc.) or is it more of a preference with the specific photographer?
    Ryan Clemens
    www.clemensphotography.us
    Canon 7D w/BG-E7 Vertical Grip, Canon 50D w/ BG-E2N Vertical Grip, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 580EX II Flash and other goodies.
    Ignorance is no excuss, so lets DGrin!
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2008
    Once again great job Yuri!clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

I do have a question about the crossed arm possing; I remember reading in a few posts that it is recommend not to have a model/client in a crossed arm pose. Even though it works wonders with the models you findbowdown.gif ; is there a general guideline/rule when to have models to use this pose (with obvious reasons - such as to express attitude or digust, etc.) or is it more of a preference with the specific photographer?
    Thank you!
    I use this pose mainly for the first shots during the session in order to calm the model, when I see she / he needs this.
    As you know this is a 'closed' pose and one feels her/himself better in this pose.
    Sometimes this pose is needed to make composition (our eyes are directed by the hands-arrows) with an endless loop so to say...
    Sometimes we need it to make the breast a bit higher or round .... So many reasons... as you see.
    Sorry for my English,
    Yuri
  • LAB.ratLAB.rat Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
    edited December 18, 2008
    2 Dont know why but her eyes here remind me JFK
    OK, I will tell you why :D
    It's called sanpaku eyes. You can get it when you're nearing death or in a very unhealthy state. At least, in the Far East it's not considered a sign of good health.
    Others seem to attach other value to it.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanpaku

The look is often used on purpose in photography, because it seems to fascinate us. I've wondered that maybe we know subconsciously that this could be a sign of grave health and that we therefore are struck by it, like maybe we're thinking this could be the last chance that we can see this person alive or something :D

There are even esoteric inclined people that say these looks are often done (or chosen) on purpose by bad-meaning powers from "higher up", because they would subtract energy from us or open us up to whatever that may be.
    I hadn't noticed, but I see Obama is listed as well? "Conspiracy nuts" would probably say this may have helped him to get chosen ("picked from higher up" of course) and might well be contributing to the fact he's considered such a captivating speaker.

I'm not excluding anything. Anyway, I don't much like to see it and I would hate to have it myself :D

Love the skintones on 1 & 2. Others seem a bit too warm (yellow), but probably on purpose.

Hey Yuri? Could you please repeat why Russian girls don't smile much in pics? I've read and forgotten it...
  • tomthephotographertomthephotographer Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
    edited December 18, 2008
    Wow
    clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    All I can say is as always I want more.... That is a great set.
    Canon 40D. Lens Sigma 170-500, Tamron 75-300, Quantaray 19-35,
    Bogan Tripod. Gaint Yukon 25' Bike,

Like it or not we most often get what we deserve in the end.
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2008
    LAB.rat wrote:
    OK, I will tell you why :D
    It's called sanpaku eyes. You can get it when you're nearing death or in a very unhealthy state. At least, in the Far East it's not considered a sign of good health.
    Others seem to attach other value to it.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanpaku

The look is often used on purpose in photography, because it seems to fascinate us. I've wondered that maybe we know subconsciously that this could be a sign of grave health and that we therefore are struck by it, like maybe we're thinking this could be the last chance that we can see this person alive or something :D

There are even esoteric inclined people that say these looks are often done (or chosen) on purpose by bad-meaning powers from "higher up", because they would subtract energy from us or open us up to whatever that may be.
    I hadn't noticed, but I see Obama is listed as well? "Conspiracy nuts" would probably say this may have helped him to get chosen ("picked from higher up" of course) and might well be contributing to the fact he's considered such a captivating speaker.

I'm not excluding anything. Anyway, I don't much like to see it and I would hate to have it myself :D

Love the skintones on 1 & 2. Others seem a bit too warm (yellow), but probably on purpose.

Hey Yuri? Could you please repeat why Russian girls don't smile much in pics? I've read and forgotten it...

Wow, I learned something new! Thank you for the explanation of the sanpaku and the link! thumb.gifbowdown.gif

Re you last question: tough life and centuries-old social "rule" demanding a person to be serious at all times (parties being the notable exception:-)...
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • LAB.ratLAB.rat Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
    edited December 18, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    Re you last question: tough life and centuries-old social "rule" demanding a person to be serious at all times (parties being the notable exception:-)...
    And thank you.

I had asked an intelligent friend and he was guessing they needed to come over as "serious" since in early days they didn't have much else to do than read books anyway :D

I told him "Well yes, maybe!", thinking "Naaah, that wasn't it :D"
    I guess he was half right then.