Brand spanking new

HalffastpaddlerHalffastpaddler Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited December 17, 2008 in People
Introducing myself. My name comes from the fact that I like to paddle canoes and kayaks. I tend to go slower than my strictly paddler friends and a little faster than my fishing/paddling friends. So I'm stuck somewhere between slow and fast, and frankly the name is descriptive in other ways.

I'm a former professional both with event photography (shots of kids at wrestling camp, little league team shots, weddings, sports car events, etc.) and also in the darkroom. I am a pitiful portrait photographer, though did that for a VERY short time professionally as well.

I have four or five obsolete film SLRs in the basement. The entree to digital for me started five years ago with a short series of PHD cameras (push here dummy). Most of my photos now are taken with a Pentax Optio W30 waterproof PHD digital. Upon Christmas, I will have entered the digital SLR realm for the first time with a Nikon D60. I've always wanted a Nikon ever since the Nikon F was THE camera to have but settled for a Vivitar XV-1 and a Pentax K1000 instead.

I will be eager to discover how to use all the gizmos and gadgets to operate a fancy/schmancy box with a hole in it and how to manipulate the photos afterwards without having to switch off the lights first.

I've (hopefully) attached a photo of my daughter that I like (also a link in case it doesn't work). Her third birthday.

SarahsThirdBirthday#5189617245357938386

(following the instructions to post pictures provided elsewhere in the forum, it didn't work)

http://picasaweb.google.com/HalfFastPaddler/SarahsThirdBirthday#5189617245357938386

Found that I was supposed to introduce elsewhere, but couldn't delete here. Sorry moderators. Have at me! :dunno

Comments

• RisenhooverRisenhoover Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited December 17, 2008
    Hi Halffastpaddler, nice shot of your daughter, I like how you caught the smoke coming off the candle wick as she blows it out, very nice! The light coming in through the window is a little harsh, but that may of helped catch the smoke. I look forward to seeing more of your work!
    Perception is a strange and wonderful thing.
  • HalffastpaddlerHalffastpaddler Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited December 17, 2008
    Hi Halffastpaddler, nice shot of your daughter, I like how you caught the smoke coming off the candle wick as she blows it out, very nice! The light coming in through the window is a little harsh, but they may of helped catch the smoke. I look forward to seeing more of your work!

Yeah, it's a snapshot. Most of my 'work' are snapshots. I'm looking forward to having a little more intent and appreciate the encouraging feedback.