Options

Photo books

gdackermgdackerm Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
edited December 18, 2008 in Finishing School
Need some advice/help on book publishers. I have created and printed a couple hundred blurb books and have always been happy with the product. However, a recent assignment with a wedding has shown me some blurb shortcomings.

I don't normally shoot weddings but a friend of friend wanted me to shoot their wedding. I created two sample books for them, one using Aperture (Apple) and the other with blurb. The Apple book paper, colors, etc were just better. When the same images on the two books were compared side by side, the blurb book was not the same quality. My problem is that I need a larger format from Apple. Anyone have experience in this area?

Thanks,
Greg

www.liveactionimages.com

Comments

• Options
    ScottoScotto Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2008
    I have ordered well over 30 Apple books and to be honest I have had problems, after many emails I finally got to the bottom of it.

I would order a book and then another book a few days later, both books arrive on time but one was perfect the other was terrible. The bad one looked as if it was printed on normal paper, the pages were thin, the slip cover was a joke etc. I contacted Apple and (in true Apple fashion) they resolved my complaint very quickly and offered me a refund.

This happened a few times I would receive 1 good book and then 3 or 4 bad books !!! After speaking directly to Apple I managed to find out what the problem was. Apple uses two processing centres and basically one is better than the other (their words not mine, but I do agree). The Apple rep went onto say that as of late November ALL books would be printed from the processing centre which had produced the best prints.

From the 20th of November I have ordered about 20 books and every one has been perfect, they obviously ditched the crappy processing centre thumb.gif

The large books are great the only complaint I have is they take 10-14 working days to arrive (UK customer). I love the interface built into Aperture, it makes my life SO much easier
    My SmugMug | Follow me on Twitter | iChat: ScottMacUser