The church that no one went to...

ktskts Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
edited December 17, 2008 in Landscapes
Abandoned on a Monday, explored on a Tuesday. Must be some kinda record... Speaking of records the vicar took the important records of this place and then left everything else to rot, no money or place to store everything. Such a shame. :(

This is only one of about a dozen churches that were closed in this diocese recently, with more planned. :(

Jesus was a carpenter
carpenter.jpg

Light a candle for me
candles.jpg

5 windows
5windows.jpg

Front and center
front.jpg

The gold standard
gold.jpg

Icon
icon.jpg

The infinite sadness
jc.jpg

Waiting for the light
light.jpg

Through him, with him, in him
jesus.jpg

Waiting
pews.jpg

Sepulchre
sepulchre.jpg

Freebird
freebird.jpg

Comments

• darkdragondarkdragon Registered Users Posts: 1,051 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2008
    Great captures you've made. Perhaps the last while everything looks so perfect.

It is very sad that anything has to be abandoned like that, though I wonder why they don't just find another church to donate the goods to?
    ~ Lisa
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2008
    Very well done series. Hard to believe they would vacate the place in that state of being. Much of what you see in these pictures is highly marketable to the right buyers. Surely, they must be taking measures to extract some return on a lot of this stuff.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • ktskts Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2008
    It is sad to see so much left behind that most likely has fallen to scrappers/thieves/vandals by now. :(

The dioceses just doesn't have the money to store most of this stuff anywhere and is hoping to sell most of these churches to other denominations but last I checked this place was still sitting unused.