Introducing myself

erisian popeerisian pope Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
edited December 20, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
I registered here yesterday, and now figure that I could share a couple recent photos (recent=this morning) to introduce myself a little.

IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0355.jpg

Pleased to meet you!

(all comments welcome, especially crits)
- Christian
My Web Gallery

Comments

• Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2008
    Hi Christian
    Welcome to dgrin. I'm sure you'll like it here and like the rest of us learn a lot from the excellent photographers who hang out here. These two images don't do a whole lot for me so I had a look at your web gallery. The flower shots are excellent and I love the red maple leaves. Hope others will have a look as well.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • jstpeterjstpeter Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2008
    Welcome, I am pretty new as well and I can tell you this is a great forum. Looking forward to seeing your post and more images.
    Would love to hear from you on my blog, or website!
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2008
    Welcome. Nice first post thumb.gif

Dan
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2008
    Howdy from a fellow Texan. You'll like it here thumb.gif
    Randy
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2008
    I registered here yesterday, and now figure that I could share a couple recent photos (recent=this morning) to introduce myself a little.

Pleased to meet you!

(all comments welcome, especially crits)

Hi Christian and Welcome to Dgrin clap.gif

I had a quick look at your two galleries.
    You have some very beautiful shots there, especially your flowers nod.gif

Looks like we are going to see some great things from you Christian.

Make sure you check out all the forums, Dgrin has lots of sections to it.
    Besides the forums we have other areas like TUTORIALS and REVIEWS

Your bound to find something new, and lots of interesting stuff for sure.

Looking forward to seeing more posts from you thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • erisian popeerisian pope Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited December 19, 2008
    Thanks for the welcome, everybody!

I've browsed around here quite a lot, and am really excited to have found this place. I have attended 2 other photo-related forums in the past (and am still an active member of both) and the two things that clenched the deal for me with dgrin are the high-caliber of work I see posted here as well as the whipping post subforum. I have found in the past that it can be pretty difficult to get constructive critical feedback. My other forums tend to have either "I like it" comments or none at all. And that's normal I guess and it has its place, but it's very very cool that dgrin has a section where someone can post specifically to get substantial analysis of one's work.

I appreciate the comments here, to be sure, and how awesome is it that some of you took the time to browse my galleries!
    - Christian
    My Web Gallery
  • saltydogsaltydog Registered Users Posts: 243 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2008
    Hi Christian and welcome to Dgrin! You'll like it here, there are a whole bunch of very talented photographers here and you will get some great feedback from experienced sources.

I also had a quick glimpse at your galleries and really love your flowers, as well as your often unusual angles.

As to your two photographs - I like your simplistic, almost graphic approach. But the shadows in pic #2 are somewhat distracting and it could use a slight boost in contrast. Pic #1 would look great in a square crop IMHO, because that way it's simplicity really stands out. I also would try to clone out the cobwebs or whatever it is, which strings between the twigs. It distracts from the nicely shaped leaves rather than adding to the pic, or so I think.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work!
    all that we see or seem
    is but a dream within a dream
    - Edgar Allan Poe

http://www.saltydogphotography.com
    http://saltydogphotography.blogspot.com
  • Candid ArtsCandid Arts Registered Users Posts: 1,685 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2008
    I personally love your 2nd picture. I really like the water drops on the tips of the branch. I love the DOF, and the contrast of the dark black branch and more whiter (actually lighter tones of gray) background. I kinda wish there was a little more contrast, but it's nice as is.

I appreciate the composition as the branch is not centered in the frame, but kinda wish you had pushed that even further.

Oh and welcome to the forum.