A few of my favorite Christmas shots

WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
edited December 20, 2008 in People
Here are a few of my favorite kiddo's from some Christmas shoots. Trying out some new lighting for the high key but I don't have it quite right. I think I need to add one more strobe. CC more than welcomed!
I hope everyone has a most enjoyable holiday season and wishing us all some peace and prosperity in the new year!

439173759_qR72Q-L-1.jpg

439174587_6Q4wL-L-1.jpg

439177043_z6o2V-L-1.jpg

425017121_bbpat-L-1.jpg

420657846_t9ua3-L-1.jpg

415374954_xqBKi-L-2.jpg

422312584_mUgQ2-L-1.jpg

424748511_eZ29Y-L-1.jpg

424728586_7Ve3d-L-1.jpg
Snady :thumb
my money well spent :D
Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!

Comments

• zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2008
    How fun was this!
    All really fun shots with lots of personality.
    My favorite is the little one peeking out under the hat...very cute!
    Nicely done!
  • fotoeffectsfotoeffects Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited December 18, 2008
    Beautiful shots. I thought the lighting was gorgeous on all of them. What kind of setup do you use and what do you think you need to add and why? I'm just getting started using lights other than a basic flash. You are clearly very good at this.
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2008
    I can see why these are a few of your faves! How precious! I could not possibly pick out a favorite.
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2008
    I think #2 is my fav.... He just looks so squishable! Followed closely by #6.

Nice work! I can't give you any help about the lighting since I think it looks great!
  • ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2008
    These are absolutely beautiful.

I am luvin #5!!!! Just take out those little nose crusties and the shine on the edge of his mouth. That's a winner either way.

And #9!!!! Maybe just a smidgen of contrast or levels to give her face a little depth with some shadow.

Would be interested in your set up and settings also.

Wonderful job on all !!
    LadyTX
  • happysmileyladyhappysmileylady Registered Users Posts: 195 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2008
    I am really really loving 4, 5 and 6!
  • clemensphoto'sclemensphoto's Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2008
    Wow! Fantastic photosclap.gifclapclap.gif
    Ryan Clemens
    www.clemensphotography.us
    Canon 7D w/BG-E7 Vertical Grip, Canon 50D w/ BG-E2N Vertical Grip, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 580EX II Flash and other goodies.
    Ignorance is no excuss, so lets DGrin!
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2008
    Haha, you got some really cute pics here. Love the one with the hat!! iloveyou.gif
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2008
    Thanks so much for all the comments. I have enjoyed good business this holiday season though I can tell you I am not a fan of family portraiture! Head and eyeball swapping has become my specialty! As for my lighting. I just changed it for my last few shoots. I have a 3x4ft larsen softbox to camera right angled . a 2x3ft rigid reflector to camera left angled. I have a 10x36 soffstrip in back camera left angled towards the background. The background is just a piece of multipurpose heavy duty fabric in white that is clipped on a curtain rod. In the middle of the curtain rod I have a regular clip on light with a regular bulb that is flexed to be kind of like a hair light. I have learned the hard way to make sure that the kids are at least 3-4ft (though I would love to get them at least 6 feet) from the background which is hard because I am using an average size bedroom for my studio and am limited in space! Quite a primitive set up but am working on it! I am finding that the strip that flashes onto the background(which is not totally flat against the wall( I have to rework that set up) just doesnt cut it. I get grey streaks that I have to photoshop. Even with this set up as is I usually curve adjust to make the background brighter and the subject a little darker/contrasty but it is much better than what I was doing. Now that I pulled the kids away from the wall I have to exclusively use my 17-55. (keeping my 70-200 for outdoors) I just kind of sit on the floor and shoot at their height then move around to get the above shots. I really need to make changes if I am going to improve. Barring paying for studio space does anyone have any other ideas that might help? I am going to be investing in a few bigger backgrounds and have some funds for more lighting and/or another lens. Suggestions on how to spend my money? ne_nau.gif
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • Shootin1stShootin1st Registered Users Posts: 288 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2008
    zoomer wrote:
    How fun was this!
    All really fun shots with lots of personality.
    My favorite is the little one peeking out under the hat...very cute!
    Nicely done!

15524779-Ti.gif

Very nice set! clap.gif
    Constructive Criticism Welcome!
    All photos are Copyrighted and Registered. Please don't use without permission.

5DSR 16-35 2.8L III 24-70 2.8L II 70-200 2.8L IS II