Griffith Observatory, LA

shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
edited December 21, 2008 in Landscapes
Here is one I took this evening of the observatory- was chilly and lonely up there.... :cry

440183560_JZkfC-M.jpg

And here is one of me (I know I know- it's a silly pose, but given that I was freezing my *koff* off)...

I had intended to carry my umbrellas to do some cool stuff, but I left them behind in the car and did not feel like fetching them. Hence I used only one flash and the light is harsh...

Next time will go prepared...:D

439735206_7LYLk-L.jpg

Cheers,

Comments

• jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,009 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2008
    it is not in the summer time :D very busy .I like the second shot ----different thumb.gif
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • grimacegrimace Registered Users Posts: 1,537 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2008
    Seeing that it has been -5 degrees the last 4 nights in a row here by heart doesn't break for you when getting night shots in LA. :D

Wonderful shots. Every time I go to LA I always want to go to the Griffith Observatory but have never made it.
  • Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2008
    How much of a hike was to get to that vantage point?
    It looks like a great spot.
  • shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2008
    grimace wrote:
    Seeing that it has been -5 degrees the last 4 nights in a row here by heart doesn't break for you when getting night shots in LA. :D

Wonderful shots. Every time I go to LA I always want to go to the Griffith Observatory but have never made it.

Lol Adam- I know we are spoiled here. Heard about the freak snow in Las Vegas and Malibu? It was around 40F when I was up there in the evening with a wind blowing... :D -5F? ummm no thank you very much- I will take my 40F here.

Cheers,
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2008
    Very cool! That's a huge valley, we don't have anything like that up here that's as densely populated, and certainly nothing with that good of a viewpoint.
  • shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2008
    coscorrosa wrote:
    Very cool! That's a huge valley, we don't have anything like that up here that's as densely populated, and certainly nothing with that good of a viewpoint.

Yeah- we have some great viewpoints, most of which are not known to the public as it requires *gasp* walking a bit (and who wants that right? eek7.gif )

I was thinking of taking a shot like this in front of each landmark in LA under different lighting conditions. Might be a fun project! mwink.gif

Cheers,
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2008
    Fantastic views! I'm always enthralled by the quintessential urban skyscape that is the valley of LA. I have seen so many different takes on the Observatory perspective and I do plan on trying some soon when I'm in the area.

I love the portrait, too. Low-key and just a lot of fun. Sometimes you just don't need the fancy gear. :D
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2008
    That is cool self portrait !
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery