We're a Couple of Misfits.......

PitchedTentPhotosPitchedTentPhotos Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited December 21, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
My mother asked me to take a few pictures of her favorite Rudolph figures. Although a few of them are banged up, she wanted me to leave them the way they were. I took a different approach to the angles, and used my ideas instead of hers. In the end, she loves the pictures, and is actually getting some printed to hang in her bedroom. (She is a Rudolph fanatic!)

Although the pictures aren't really anything special, I thought I would share a few with you guys. Criticism is greatly appreciated!:thumb

439863821_wZb3F-L-1.jpg

439863870_nMfrP-L-2.jpg

439863788_hWQsJ-L-1.jpg
"PTP Photography"

Comments

• Shootin1stShootin1st Registered Users Posts: 288 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2008
    Well, all that really matters is that your mom likes them and she can show all of her friends how great her kid is, right? :ivar

You made them all better by picking a nice background. The third one, with the background OOF is my favorite.
    Constructive Criticism Welcome!
    All photos are Copyrighted and Registered. Please don't use without permission.

5DSR 16-35 2.8L III 24-70 2.8L II 70-200 2.8L IS II
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2008
    My mother asked me to take a few pictures of her favorite Rudolph figures. Although a few of them are banged up, she wanted me to leave them the way they were. I took a different approach to the angles, and used my ideas instead of hers. In the end, she loves the pictures, and is actually getting some printed to hang in her bedroom. (She is a Rudolph fanatic!)

Although the pictures aren't really anything special, I thought I would share a few with you guys. Criticism is greatly appreciated!thumb.gif

You achieved what you set out to do, you made your mother very very happy, and that's what it's all about nod.gif

There's always room for improvement, but sometimes I think we get too technical ...... lovely shots thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • PitchedTentPhotosPitchedTentPhotos Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited December 21, 2008
    Thank you Shootin1st and Skippy! :D

I still don't know much about my camera, and I'm trying to get enrolled in the local college for photography and digital darkroom classes. Hopefully after a year of classes, I might know more about what I love. I have made many people happy with the pictures that I have already taken, so for now I am happy with my work.

I actually had problems printing out my Christmas cards this year. I was really late on taking photos this year of my kids for the cards, so I didn't have time to order from anywhere really nice. So I ordered 1-hour cards from Walmart. They wouldn't let me pick them up until I had a signed copyright release form from the photographer! I had a rough time trying to prove that I was the one that took the photos! It was a compliment, but it was a pain in the butt!

Here is the card.......
    440403383_Artdf-L.jpg
    P.S......When printed at Walmart...the photo in the top right corner came out with an all black backdrop. Their printers are sooo dark, but it actually helped in this situation!
    "PTP Photography"