No laughing at the back please.

David-StallardDavid-Stallard Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
edited December 22, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
New here (as you can probably tell) and have spent the last few days working through the posts - man you guys n gals REALLY now how to shoot some stunning photos - I came across a post with some 'OOB' shots.

I thought they were great so thought I would give them a go, feel free to point and laugh but a bit of knowledgable help would help :wink

I think maybe a bit of shadow under the claw of the lizard, and yes the sunset behind Bayliss doesn't really work, I just wanted to see if I could use another image insted of the normal gradient.

thank you all again.

.DAVID.

440070240_AZSYv-L.jpg

440070263_Waa8D-L.jpg
http://www.davidstallardphotography.com/

Take nothing but pictures. Leave nothing but footprints

Comments

• Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2008
    15524779-Ti.gif about the sunset. The second is very nice. Excellent image of the Iguana (?) but I think I'd prefer a darker background or perhaps it's the color... maybe try an earth tone?

Welcome to dgrin. Chances are you'll be up till the wee hours every night till you get the OOB bug out of your system. At least that's what happened to me and many others. :D

PS. Love your signature line clap.gif

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • David-StallardDavid-Stallard Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2008
    Thanks buddy - your right (of course) played with quite a few photo's and the novalty is starting to wear off already lol

I think done well then it would make a really nice photo book / album cover.

Just wish we could get some nice weather - be nice to go out and take some photo's that arn't grey and depressing. Still at least today was the shortest day, it can only get better. . . . right?

.DAVID.
    http://www.davidstallardphotography.com/

Take nothing but pictures. Leave nothing but footprints
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2008
    Gnome wrote:
    New here (as you can probably tell) and have spent the last few days working through the posts - man you guys n gals REALLY now how to shoot some stunning photos - I came across a post with some 'OOB' shots.

I thought they were great so thought I would give them a go, feel free to point and laugh but a bit of knowledgable help would help mwink.gif

I think maybe a bit of shadow under the claw of the lizard, and yes the sunset behind Bayliss doesn't really work, I just wanted to see if I could use another image insted of the normal gradient.

thank you all again.

.DAVID.

Hi David, and Welcome to the Forum clap.gif
    That OOBing threads been very successful with so many people giving it a try, the tutorials produced by the Author Serrator.

He visits Dgrin from time to time thanks to his easy to follow,
    stage by stage images and instructions, so many people were able to produce their very first OOB shots. :ivar
    ....... boy do we appreciate people like him on the net thumb.gif

Your combining two shots in the first one is very clever,
    I didn't even think of doing that rolleyes1.gif

Now you'll have to look at the second tutorial on how to bend the frame that is also at the same sight.

Picking the right background or plan coloured background can really make a huge difference to the end result.

Glad you found the forum David, I hope you enjoy it.
    Don't forget to check out the other forums here at Dgrin.

Welcome Aboard thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin