Two from my "Buildings/Structures/Architecture" collection

Shades of HyperionShades of Hyperion Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
edited December 21, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
A couple shots from my Buildings/Structures/Architecture collection. The first one B&W and the second selective colorization.

IMG_3632.jpg

IMG_3622.jpg

As always comments and critiques are welcome,
Steve
Scooba Steve

Shades of Hyperion photography
Extraordinary photos can not be had standing where everyone else is standing, looking where everyone else is looking

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2008
    A couple shots from my Buildings/Structures/Architecture collection. The first one B&W and the second selective colorization.

As always comments and critiques are welcome,
    Steve

Hi Steve, I like both shots, except that the second shot looks crooked.
    The door way is slightly leaning to the right.

Clever use of selective colouring, that one is hard to pick because of the blue stone stucture of the building and the white snow.

Nicely captured thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Shades of HyperionShades of Hyperion Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    Hi Steve, I like both shots, except that the second shot looks crooked.
    The door way is slightly leaning to the right.

The bottom edge of the door is slightly "off level" and it's compounded by the fact that I was not standing directly center of the door when I took the shot. It makes the entire door look crooked, if you look at the shot without the bottom edge of the door the shot is straight.

I didn't really take a lot of time setting up the shot. It was kind of a quick afterthought while I was doing a photo shot for a local band.
    Scooba Steve

Shades of Hyperion photography
    Extraordinary photos can not be had standing where everyone else is standing, looking where everyone else is looking