Options

Epson R1900 printing questions

The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
edited December 21, 2008 in Digital Darkroom
I just purchased the Epson R1900 and I have been having some issues with it printing to dark.

I did have a hp 9800 and never had any issues with this kind of thing. I always got prints that looked exactly like my monitor.

I have had my monitor checked and it's ok. It's all pictures I print. I guess it wouldn't be a real problem but the shadow area on some just make it so dark it takes away any detail I do have.

Any suggestions I's sure appreciate it.

I'll check back tomorrow.

Peace, gail:D

Comments

• Options
    Quantum3Quantum3 Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited December 21, 2008
    I just purchased the Epson R1900 and I have been having some issues with it printing to dark.

I did have a hp 9800 and never had any issues with this kind of thing. I always got prints that looked exactly like my monitor.

I have had my monitor checked and it's ok. It's all pictures I print. I guess it wouldn't be a real problem but the shadow area on some just make it so dark it takes away any detail I do have.

Any suggestions I's sure appreciate it.

I'll check back tomorrow.

Peace, gail:D

That happens becuase the new Epson is not calibrated with your workspace. And maybe, the gamut of your new printer is not wider enough or, it's not close toi your monitor's profile.

Start reading where my name appears: http://www.digitalgrin.com/showthread.php?t=110828&page=4

Hard to understand, but that's the clue... By the way: "the shadow area on some just make it so dark it takes away any detail I do have", that's related to black point of your printer plus the dynamic range of it. Mine, for example, omits any black below 24, more or less... But that's just how my printer works. Search for the Printer IRIS on Google as well :)

Have a nice reading :)

Øuantum³
  • Options
    The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2008
    Thanks much for the help. I'll read it for sure.

peace always, gail