Options

Huge CoolTests for analize your monitor

Quantum3Quantum3 Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
edited January 10, 2009 in Digital Darkroom
I found this pretty cool link: http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/

You can analize since the frecuency of your monitor (and set it up if worng), gamma adjsutments, contrast aspect ratio of your monitor, viewing angle and such.

Give a try, I just fixed the frecuency rate of my secondary monitor by using the tests shown in the link :)

Hope you find it usedful :)

Comments

• Options
    KalrogKalrog Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited December 21, 2008
    I found that from another link a while back - it is a great test site. It won't take the place of calibration hardware, but it is a good choice if you lack that.
    Nathan Deckinga
    Leander, Texas
    http://www.2-dphoto.com
  • Options
    edited December 25, 2008
    Kalrog wrote:
    I found that from another link a while back - it is a great test site. It won't take the place of calibration hardware, but it is a good choice if you lack that.

Yeah, absolutely... I see people here is quite smart and uip to date in every thing related to digital imaging. Your reply, for example, is perfect. What do you do?
  • Options
    KalrogKalrog Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited December 25, 2008
    Quantum3 wrote:
    What do you do?

Thank you - I am basically an interested amateur. I like what I do and I help out with some fundraising stuff from time to time taking photos for people. But my day job is a database administrator.
    Nathan Deckinga
    Leander, Texas
    http://www.2-dphoto.com
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2009
    Kalrog wrote:
    Thank you - I am basically an interested amateur. I like what I do and I help out with some fundraising stuff from time to time taking photos for people. But my day job is a database administrator.

Wow... Very interesting to find very well informed amateurs around here! You know, I feel in love with this site ^^
  • Options
    vicarious1vicarious1 Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited January 10, 2009
    My pics look different on PC & Laptop
    Quantum3 wrote:
    Wow... Very interesting to find very well informed amateurs around here! You know, I feel in love with this site ^^
    Hi. I am new to Smugmug came here by searching about Gamma. Would anyone comment on my picture without or with -80 gamma . What is the normal perception of the "more" than amateur. I am just uplaoding pics of South Africa where spring is very dry after 6month dry season. I think it looks better with the 0.80 gamma. even with 0.80gamma and +1 Contrast.
    AM I right or does it look too unreal ? ( I know the harsh sun makes it brighter but on the final outcome its not as pleasing. I imagine for thos who have not visited with the treatment it will look better. These pics are a 4040 Olympus.
    QUESTION: Why cant we upload a "horizontal" picture 1200x800.
    How can one judge a pic here when one has to reduce the quality to 3&4 to get the right file size for a JPG?
    Thank you. Vicheadscratch.gif
    Since there is Light there is Beauty.