Options

radio triggers

jungjung Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
edited December 21, 2008 in Accessories
I am going to buy a radio trigger but I can not afford to play with the big boys (PW) so I am looking for an alternative. One that is very comparable but not in price and I have given up on being to cheap and the Ebay triggers, so quality, reliability and quality mean alot to me.

Has anyone ever heard or used the Tamrac Mircosync trigger. I like the look and the size of it and the price is not to bad for both Trans/Rec.

I am leaning towards the Skyport, any other brands that are better or would be recommended.
"let your eyes do the talking"

Comments

• Options
    Shane422Shane422 Registered Users Posts: 460 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2008
    Skyports
    I have had the ebay triggers and the Elinchrom Skyports. I really love the Skyports. They work great and are very reliable. A Universal set goes for just under $200. And you can get any cord you need from www.flashzebra.com. I use mine to trigger monolights, and Speedlights off camera. The Skyports are capable of a sync speed up to 1/1000th. I was able to do this with my Nikon D50, but only 1/200th with my D90.

I believe the downfall of the micro sync system was a slower sync speed.

You might wait on the radiopopper (www.radiopoppers.com) system though. They look like they will be really good.