A hug for grandma

djamesdjames Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
edited December 23, 2008 in People
Taken at a recent family reunion, this young man is huggung his grandma in their living room. C&C

436025714_4EfEQ-XL.jpg
http://www.djames-photography.com
In this great big world around us, we will find what we are looking for! What we do with it is up to us to decide.
Olympus E-500 Olympus E-520 Zuiko 14-45 Zuiko 40-150 Sigma 50-500 Zuiko 18-180 4-AB800 strobes, 1AB-400 stobe, 4 softboxes, brolly box, umbrellas etc.

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2008
    Since you asked for C&C - here goes...

There's just one thing that really ruins this photo for me - it's the green stuff growing out of Grandma's head.

The rest of these are nits or a matter of taste:
    • Not liking the white vignette
    • It appears your WB is off a bit - skin too red
    • I would crop some of the empty space from the top of the image
    Now for the good stuff!
    • Love the expressions on both faces - both are relaxed and comfortable - not an easy thing to do with the very young
    • You have nice catchlights in the eyes - might try to bring these up (make the larger) just a touch in post
    • This is a family memory that both will cherish for years to come!
  • Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2008
    I really like how the tilt of their heads connect them together. This really helps to show the emotional bond between the two.

As Scott said though, the green stuff out of the head is distracting. Shouldn't be too hard to clone out. I'm also not a fan of the white vigentte. It looks like you've used it to remove some of the greenery behind her but I think it is "erasing" a part of him from the picture rather than framing him in the picture.
    Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
    www.mikejulianaphotography.com
    Facebook