morning dew drop shot of rare flower in the himalayas

QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
edited December 23, 2008 in Holy Macro
well..okay..it was a artificial flower sitting onb blue cutting board on my kitchen counter with spray bottle and a green onion.

441064288_vjig4-L.jpg
The only thing that bothered me was the light reflections on the dew drop. I am not sure if they were from my flash set up or from the lights in the kitchen..hmmm

it has improved over my previosu attempt a few weeks ago. I had an "aha" moment a few days ago when I relaized my aperture was at 2.8. So I cranked it it f/22 or so for the above shot to get more the dew drop/reflction in focus.
405021244_bjxMX-L.jpg
D700, D600
14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
85 and 50 1.4
45 PC and sb910 x2
http://www.danielkimphotography.com

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2008
    Good one- big improvement over the first go :)
    Brian V.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2008
    Qarik wrote:
    well..okay..it was a artificial flower sitting onb blue cutting board on my kitchen counter with spray bottle and a green onion.

The only thing that bothered me was the light reflections on the dew drop. I am not sure if they were from my flash set up or from the lights in the kitchen..hmmm

it has improved over my previous attempt a few weeks ago. I had an "aha" moment a few days ago when I relaized my aperture was at 2.8. So I cranked it it f/22 or so for the above shot to get more the dew drop/reflction in focus.

Hi there Qarik, the only way I will get a shot like that is to do what you did too, take it inside.

Looking good Qarik, I'm yet to find anyone get worse when learning to do new things thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin