Man Made Icicles

DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
edited December 23, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
There was a fire at the local Taco Bell yesterday. With windchills in the
-30's it made for some instant icicles. No one was hurt, but it was sad to see a building lost. I would of liked to of gotten closer, but the yellow tape was up so I kept my distance.

C&C always welcome :D

441093545_4QwjP-L-3.jpg

441093490_mv473-L-2.jpg

441092238_wc32M-L-2.jpg

441091450_8ykeA-L-3.jpg

441089841_huLZj-L-2.jpg

Comments

• Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2008
    Wow, look interesting. The icicles make the place look like it's been abandoned and frozen over for a long time.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2008
    Tee Why wrote:
    Wow, look interesting. The icicles make the place look like it's been abandoned and frozen over for a long time.

Your right...it did make the place look forzen for a long time. I hope to get closer as soon as the tape is down.
  • jgoetz4jgoetz4 Registered Users Posts: 1,267 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2008
    Good Afternoon MK,
    Nice shots. I like them thumb.gif The icicles can make interesting subjects. The first picture looks like a broken frozen pipe organ. Glad to hear that nobody was hurt in the fire. Hey, I see 3 black dots in the upper left side of the last picture. Did you take these with the 5D MK ll ?rolleyes1.gif I'll e-mail you later.
    Have a good afternoon :D
    Jim...
    edited December 22, 2008
    jgoetz4 wrote:
    Good Afternoon MK,
    Nice shots. I like them thumb.gif The icicles can make interesting subjects. The first picture looks like a broken frozen pipe organ. Glad to hear that nobody was hurt in the fire. Hey, I see 3 black dots in the upper left side of the last picture. Did you take these with the 5D MK ll ?rolleyes1.gif I'll e-mail you later.
    Have a good afternoon :D
    Jim...

I could only wish I took these with the 5D MK ll -- I can't see the dots :cry
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2008
    Dogdots wrote:
    There was a fire at the local Taco Bell yesterday. With windchills in the
    -30's it made for some instant icicles. No one was hurt, but it was sad to see a building lost. I would of liked to of gotten closer, but the yellow tape was up so I kept my distance.

C&C always welcome :D

Wow, it looks like it's been in a frozen state for years, not yesterday eek7.gif
    Gawwwwwd... forgive me I get this way when I see ice, snow, frost rolleyes1.gif
    I'm like wow look at that stuff :D

Glad to hear no one was injured, those shots are amazing Dogdots.
    I'm stunned at how the whole scene looks like it's been that way for way longer than just overnight.

Great Captures clap.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
    edited December 22, 2008
    Thanks Skippy :D

Ice can have a spooky eerie look to it sometimes. I think it helped the scene to have such cold temps along with wind.
  • DJTDJT Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2008
    Cooooooooool pics! thumb.gif

The -30 makes our -6 feel like a heat wave.
  • jgoetz4jgoetz4 Registered Users Posts: 1,267 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2008
    DJT wrote:
    Cooooooooool pics! thumb.gif

The -30 makes our -6 feel like a heat wave.
    Then our 17* is a heat wave mwink.gif I might need some sp30 if that sun stays out all day rolleyes1.gif
    Have a good day :D
    Jim...