Scottish Premier League Football (Soccer)

SirGeorgeSirGeorge Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
edited December 25, 2008 in Sports
On a trip back to the country of my birth, Hibernian Football Club, granted me permission to shoot from the sideline during thier home game against bottom of the league Hamilton. It was a floodlit game and it poured with rain for the duration. Using a rented 400mm f2.8 I was still shooting at ISO3200 (these images have been cleaned up with Neat Image - if you would like to see more - the entre game is documented here
http://www.digitalphotoconcept.com/sports_photography_hibs_soccer_dec_2008.htm
The game took place on Dec 13th. (Hibs are in green) and by way of explanation, although the stadium looks empty it is not, in British Football, the road team's fans are isloted fro the home fans and I was pointing my camera at the roads fans and there were not too many of them. The crowd was 11,000.

DRV_soccer_hibs_hamilton_-175-1-1.jpg
DRV_soccer_hibs_hamilton_-242-1-1.jpg
DRV_soccer_hibs_hamilton_-252-1-1.jpg
DRV_soccer_hibs_hamilton_-469-1-1.jpg

Comments

• KMCCKMCC Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2008
    Great shots.

I'm one of the few Americans who follow European football. I always pull for Celtic FC when I can see them play, which is basically just in the Champions League games shown on the UEFA web site.

Unfortunately, they haven't done well this year and won't even qualify for the UEFA Cup, but as in all sports - there's always next year.

Merry Christmas.

Kent
    "Not everybody trusts paintings, but people believe photographs."- Ansel Adams
    Web site
  • KCBearcatKCBearcat Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2008
    KMCC wrote:
    Great shots.

15524779-Ti.gif

I have a friend here that follows Celtic too, but I'm more a fan of Liverpool (one of my other friends here is from 'pool). Watch them online every chance I get. Next time is Sunday morning, bright and early at 6am (noon kickoff v. Newcastle).

Oh, and Merry Christmas. :D
    Alan H.
    http://www.fountaincityphotography.com
    Camera Gear: Canon 400D (XTi), 18-55 f/3.5-5.6, 75-300 f/4.0-5.6, 70-200 f/4 L, 50 f/1.8 II