best 'bang for the bucks' lenses?

AutonomousAutonomous Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
edited December 23, 2008 in Cameras
Hi y'all, I just want to find some lenses that can be categorized as a 'bang for the bucks' lenses because I want to buy it. I have an xti and currently I only have 2 lenses which is 18-55IS, 28-105 II USM.
Now I think I'm lacking a lens for wide pictures, and telephoto lens right?
I'm thinking of 50mm/1.8, but some people suggested me to get tokina 30mm/1.4, so?
And I'm also thinking of 70-200L non-IS.
I just have this addiction toward lenses which I can't control and yet it satisfy me in a way, ugh.
And i'm only a high school student too so I'm getting poorer every week I get paid :(
Thanks y'all for your support
Rawr. Mwarr. Woof~

Comments

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2008
    autonomous wrote:
    Hi y'all, I just want to find some lenses that can be categorized as a 'bang for the bucks' lenses because I want to buy it. I have an xti and currently I only have 2 lenses which is 18-55IS, 28-105 II USM.
    Now I think I'm lacking a lens for wide pictures, and telephoto lens right?
    I'm thinking of 50mm/1.8, but some people suggested me to get tokina 30mm/1.4, so?
    And I'm also thinking of 70-200L non-IS.
    I just have this addiction toward lenses which I can't control and yet it satisfy me in a way, ugh.
    And i'm only a high school student too so I'm getting poorer every week I get paid :(
    Thanks y'all for your support

Sigma 10-20 and 70-200 f2.8 would be a great addition to your kit
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited December 23, 2008
    I have two lenses that I consider great values: the Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 and the Canon 70-200 f/4L. You already have the Tammy's range covered, so if you are happy with what you have there, you might also want to consider the Canon EF-S 10-22 to go insanely wide. Beware of the 70-200 though...developing a taste for L glass can prove very expensive in the long run. :D Good luck.
  • AutonomousAutonomous Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited December 23, 2008
    Richard wrote:
    I have two lenses that I consider great values: the Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 and the Canon 70-200 f/4L. You already have the Tammy's range covered, so if you are happy with what you have there, you might also want to consider the Canon EF-S 10-22 to go insanely wide. Beware of the 70-200 though...developing a taste for L glass can prove very expensive in the long run. :D Good luck.
    Haha thanks for the warning.now I'm considerig the 10-22 and 70-200non is. Gah, I have to save for 5 weeks now.. Unless if Santa granted my wishlists..
    Rawr. Mwarr. Woof~
  • ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2008
    Tamron 28-300 vr
    I have a fairly good lens collection of L lenses for my pro work. But for my personal stuff, which is usually when I am travellling I bought the Tamron 28-300 vr 3.5-6.3 for Canon. It covers a lot of range, is even decent in low light on my 5d and my husband who shoots for fun has one for his 20d.

We think that bang for the buck is right there. About $549 and it covers just about everything and it's light weight. The lens when you are walking around suffers a bit from lens creep because you need to get used to the lens extending and when you are between shoots lock it so it stays short, but the images are quite good.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2008
    Canon 50-1.4 and 85-1.8 are by most considered to be very good price/quality lenses.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2008
    ivar wrote:
    Canon 50-1.4 and 85-1.8 are by most considered to be very good price/quality lenses.
    + 1 both are stellar.