Cutomer Ordered wrong finish, need to change

timganglofftimgangloff Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
edited December 29, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hi,

I just got notified that my customer ordered metallic and meant to order luster. They want to change it. I emailed support, but was told they could not fix this. I know I have seen it done here on the forum before.

Order #846983

Thanks in advance.

Tim Gangloff

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2008
    Tim, Cavig was and is right -we simply cannot change orders - they're automated - this order is in process. There's no difference between support from Dgrin and support from our help desk - we're all the same heroes and we all meet at the same watercooler in the hall of justice :D

Still - we guarantee everything at SmugMug and so we're ordering Lustre for your client, at our expense.

Cavig will email you and your client with a new order# tonight.
  • timganglofftimgangloff Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
    edited December 23, 2008
    Thanks Andy and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
    Thanks a bunch Andy. I know it quite complicated with changing finishes due to differences in pricing and I am certainly not trying to cause issues. But, it seems to me that we need a way to be able to modify orders for customers. I know you guys are on the hook so to speak since you are the ones taking the payments, but we need to be able to fix our customers mistakes in a somewhat seemless process to them. They see me as the guy, when it reality you are "the guy." In this case, I got the order emailed to me and figured they did not really want metallic. (Maybe I just need to remove that option as I get more mistakes than genuine requests for it, but that is a different story.) In an ideal setup, I'd like the power to change their order for them, but not sure that would work when I am adjusting price up since you probably need a customer agreement to do that.

Maybe this is the thread I was thinking of: http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=113987

Anyway, although I get frustrated from time to time, I am always impressed with your customer service. clap.gif

Andy wrote:
    Tim, Cavig was and is right -we simply cannot change orders - they're automated - this order is in process. There's no difference between support from Dgrin and support from our help desk - we're all the same heroes and we all meet at the same watercooler in the hall of justice :D

Still - we guarantee everything at SmugMug and so we're ordering Lustre for your client, at our expense.

Cavig will email you and your client with a new order# tonight.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2008
    Thanks a bunch Andy. I know it quite complicated with changing finishes due to differences in pricing and I am certainly not trying to cause issues. But, it seems to me that we need a way to be able to modify orders for customers. I know you guys are on the hook so to speak since you are the ones taking the payments, but we need to be able to fix our customers mistakes in a somewhat seemless process to them. They see me as the guy, when it reality you are "the guy." In this case, I got the order emailed to me and figured they did not really want metallic. (Maybe I just need to remove that option as I get more mistakes than genuine requests for it, but that is a different story.) In an ideal setup, I'd like the power to change their order for them, but not sure that would work when I am adjusting price up since you probably need a customer agreement to do that.

Maybe this is the thread I was thinking of: http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=113987

Anyway, although I get frustrated from time to time, I am always impressed with your customer service. clap.gif
    Finish changes usually involve more $ not less, as in this case. We can't charge your customers card more $ than they approved.

The thread you linked wasn't a finish change, and we were lucky to be able to catch it at the lab. :D As a rule - finishes cannot be changed. I'm glad we could help you here this time!
  • catspawcatspaw Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2008
    Super SmugMug to the rescue!!!

we really need a superhero smiley icon rolleyes1.gif

but yes, as someone in customer service, it always gladdens my heart when good resolutions can be found in such circumstances. Sometimes it IS beyond our control, but otherwise .... this rocks. thumb.gif
    //Leah