Which camera should I keep?

roliirolii Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
edited December 25, 2008 in Cameras
Hi, all!

I've suddenly found myself in a situation where I need to decide which camera to hold on to and which one to pass on to my younger brother.

I've owned a Canon SD850 IS for a few months now and am actually very happy with it. Someone gave me a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5 about a week ago and now I really don't know which camera I should keep. I love the 10X zoom on the Lumix, plus its large 3" LCD screen and how it can capture HD video (not to mention its wide-angle lens). My SD850 doesn't do any of that but, heck, it's a Canon.

Bottom line would be: which camera takes better photos? (The HD video capacity that the TZ5 offers wouldn't be such a crucial factor, really)

Thanks in advance for helping me make this decision.

Comments

• jgoetz4jgoetz4 Registered Users Posts: 1,267 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2008
    rolii wrote:
    Hi, all!

I've suddenly found myself in a situation where I need to decide which camera to hold on to and which one to pass on to my younger brother.

I've owned a Canon SD850 IS for a few months now and am actually very happy with it. Someone gave me a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5 about a week ago and now I really don't know which camera I should keep. I love the 10X zoom on the Lumix, plus its large 3" LCD screen and how it can capture HD video (not to mention its wide-angle lens). My SD850 doesn't do any of that but, heck, it's a Canon.

Bottom line would be: which camera takes better photos? (The HD video capacity that the TZ5 offers wouldn't be such a crucial factor, really)

Thanks in advance for helping me make this decision.

Good Morning,
    It sounds like you fell in love with TZ5 iloveyou.gif If you like those features that you mentiioned, then keep that camera, and let your brother have the Canon. If your brother lives close to you, then you can always borrow the Canon thumb.gif I believe that both cameras would take good pictures using low a low iso, outside. Not sure about interior or night shots. You would have to take a few shots under those conditions and compare the results. Hope that helps.
    Have a good day :D
    Jim...
  • roliirolii Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited December 25, 2008
    jgoetz4 wrote:
    Good Morning,
    It sounds like you fell in love with TZ5 iloveyou.gif If you like those features that you mentiioned, then keep that camera, and let your brother have the Canon. If your brother lives close to you, then you can always borrow the Canon thumb.gif I believe that both cameras would take good pictures using low a low iso, outside. Not sure about interior or night shots. You would have to take a few shots under those conditions and compare the results. Hope that helps.
    Have a good day :D
    Jim...

Thanks a lot for your reply, Jim. Your advise makes plenty of sense. I'll take a few photos with the TZ5, compare them with what I've gotten out of my SD850 and then decide.