Stroll

AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
edited December 24, 2008 in People
this b/w conversion gave me a real headache. please tell me what you think of it.

441971431_mpQwa-L.jpg

Comments

• roentarreroentarre Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2008
    Very interesting black and white!
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2008
    The shadows of the lines on the brick came out nice in the conversion. I like the simply message of motion this conveys. Thanks for sharing. thumb.gif
    Growing with Dgrin

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited December 24, 2008
    Angelo wrote:
    this b/w conversion gave me a real headache. please tell me what you think of it.

Overall, it's pretty good. The reflections are clear in the glass of the doors despite their darkness. The sidewalk looks a little blown, but I don't think that matters...we don't need to see any chewing gum there. I'm not sure this is possible, but I would like to see a little more contrast between the guy's head and the wall behind it.

I like the symmetry. Looks like it could use about half a degree of CC rotation. Nice capture.thumb.gif
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited December 24, 2008
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited December 24, 2008
    Richard wrote:
    Overall, it's pretty good. The reflections are clear in the glass of the doors despite their darkness. The sidewalk looks a little blown, but I don't think that matters...we don't need to see any chewing gum there. I'm not sure this is possible, but I would like to see a little more contrast between the guy's head and the wall behind it.

I like the symmetry. Looks like it could use about half a degree of CC rotation. Nice capture.thumb.gif

Thank you Richard

The sidewalk and the contrast between the walker's head and the building are what gave me the most trouble. The tonal quality of his head is exactly the same as the facade lol3.gif so virtually impossible for me to compensate for.

Believe it or not the image is level. The top edge (of the crop) follows perfectly along a horizontal building detail. The building is not perfectly symmetrical. I did adjust the horizon and when I went just a tad more CC it looked worse.

Thanks for taking time to comment. If you see anything else...