Great NW snowstorm of 2008

waygard33waygard33 Registered Users Posts: 104 Major grins
edited December 25, 2008 in Landscapes
Here's some pics I took of our storm here in the Portland area.

441910735_X2ona-L.jpg

441904595_r2j8b-M.jpg

441898620_Nj9xr-M.jpg

441909720_7WHHP-L.jpg

Wayne g

Comments

• Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2008
    Very nice shots Wayne. I especially like #1 & 2 thumb.gifthumb

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • waygard33waygard33 Registered Users Posts: 104 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2008
    Jack'll do wrote:
    Very nice shots Wayne. I especially like #1 & 2 thumb.gifthumb

Thank you Jack. I liked my shots a lot more before I looked at the others in here. I would really like to see what a real photographer could do with those views I had.

Merry Christmas,
    wg
  • Allan FGAllan FG Registered Users Posts: 492 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2008
    waygard33 wrote:
    Thank you Jack. I liked my shots a lot more before I looked at the others in here. I would really like to see what a real photographer could do with those views I had.

Merry Christmas,
    wg

Very nice, we were granted a rare opportunity here in the PNW and I also feel like I wasted it.

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=996872#post996872
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2008
    Welcome! Another PNW natural here. I spent a few years south, in Banks, OR, but mostly Olympia and North these days. I really like the compo-sit-ion of the bench in the last one. I may have made a few minor personal tweaks myself, but I like it.
    Growing with Dgrin

• waygard33waygard33 Registered Users Posts: 104 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2008
    Al - I really like your shot of the orchard. Very nice. I'm with you though, and wish I could have another chance to do it over. I took my pics in mid-afternoon. I would like to try again at sunset. Too late now though.

leaforte - Thanks for the comments. I agree the photos could be greatly improved. I would like to try again, using a tripod and shooting later in the day with some longer exposures. I think that would help but not sure. Just getting started with my dslr. I haven't ventured into photoshop yet. I have PS Elements and it seems a bit overwhelming at first glance but I'm looking forward to spending some time learning it.

Thanks again for your comments. Merry Christmas.
    wg