Off Roading in New Mexico

Matt518Matt518 Registered Users Posts: 118 Major grins
edited December 29, 2008 in Sports
Please do not edit or redistribute my photos without permission.

Puerco17.jpg

The area is named after the dry river bed that runs along side it. Located west of Rio Rancho, New Mexico in the Rio Grande Valley, local off road enthusiasts know this area as Rio Puerco. A mixture of public and private land providing varying types of terrain, ranging from sand dunes and arroyos to steep hills and boulder fields, Rio Puerco is locally known by some as a Mecca for off road vehicles, dirt bikes and ATV’s.

Puerco15.jpg

Puerco12.jpg

Puerco11.jpg

Puerco13.jpg

Puerco16.jpg

Puerco2.jpg

Puerco5.jpg

Puerco10.jpg

The <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Rio</st1:place> Puerco has a little something for everyone, whether you drive a 4X4, a dirt bike or an ATV. Regardless of how modified your vehicle is or isn’t, or how skilled you are, the obstacles range from basic to extreme.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Please do not copy, edit, rehost or repost my images without permission.

We must look at it. We're required to look at it. We are required to do what we can about it. If we don't........who will? - James Nachtwey

Comments

• cj99sicj99si Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2008
    What no Tacomas:D
  • Matt518Matt518 Registered Users Posts: 118 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2008
    The Jeeps ate the Tacos for dessert. :D

Actually, it was an outing with a local Jeep club. There are members that drive rigs other than Jeeps, it just happened that the ones who went that day had Jeeps.

We must look at it. We're required to look at it. We are required to do what we can about it. If we don't........who will? - James Nachtwey
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2008
    Some tight shots! My favorites are #'s 3 and 7. Shows it can be done. thumb.gif
    Growing with Dgrin

• Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2008
    Hey look at that, folks actually using their 4WD trucks off road.
    Nice shots, those guys look pretty serious.
    edited December 25, 2008
    leaforte wrote:
    Some tight shots! My favorites are #'s 3 and 7. Shows it can be done. thumb.gif

#'s 3 and 7 were the same pic, an accidental double tap on my part when copying the IMG tags. I took out #3.

edited December 25, 2008
    Tee Why wrote:
    Hey look at that, folks actually using their 4WD trucks off road.
    Nice shots, those guys look pretty serious.

For alot of these guys these Jeeps are just weekend toys, although there are a few daily drivers. At one point, the guy with the Scrambler was trimming branches off a tree to avoid getting paint scratches. The small, rock covered hill is just a few feet beyond the ditch (you have to drive through the ditch to get to it). Apparently the Scrambler was the first vehicle to ever make it through the ditch, and subsequently up that rock hill.

edited December 25, 2008
    Matt518 wrote:
    #'s 3 and 7 were the same pic, an accidental double tap on my part when copying the IMG tags. I took out #3.

Yeah, I know. I was just playing with you! That's what I meant by "shows it can be done" mwink.gif

As a jeep owner, I do love the entire series.
    Growing with Dgrin

• JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2008
    ah, very cool. I'm a jeeper too....http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=115235
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2008
    Fantastic post ! clap.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • roentarreroentarre Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2008
    Beautiful series of photos!
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2008
    Nice shots , well done.
    Rags
    edited December 27, 2008
    Glad everyone liked them. Not bad for a P&S with minimal post work, huh? I should have stated earlier that all C&C welcome, but again, Please do not edit or redistribute my photos without permission.

edited December 27, 2008
    Someone snagged some shots from you? Jeep owners or something? Those buggers!

((Matt: no response necessary. I was just playing again :D))
    Growing with Dgrin

edited December 29, 2008
    headscratch.gif :patch