Options

Your thoughts?

3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
edited May 16, 2005 in Weddings
Wedding for a friend... first digital wedding.

22023167-M.jpg

22033886-M.jpg

22037904-M.jpg

22048824-M.jpg

Lessons learned!!!

1. She is white.. he is black.. and he is wearing a white tux... and the place is very dark. Extremely difficult! I had to bring the ISO up to 200 even to have a chance.

2. The flash directed at the subject in this dark chapel with a white tux on was KILLING me. Every photo looked like a bleach white tux and a shadow. The Trick: Tilt the flash head up to about 70 degrees and utilize the white drop celing to bring the light down from the top. This was the ONLY way I was going to have a chance at showing any of the dark skinned people in this wedding. I wish I had known that 100 pictures before I figured that out. After tilting the flash the rest was pretty easy.

3. The 20d is great.. and with a nice flash... and and... There was still a LOT of post processing to bring these photos out.

4. Only shoot 500+ photos in one setting if you are damn sure you have the time over the next couple days to post process..... Calculate all that needed time and put that into the schedule.

I know I know... shot it right the first time with the camera and you won't have to do any or little post processing.... "Well I'm trying to get there!"

These photos are far from professional but for the first digital experience it wasn't too bad.

If any of you care to look here are the rest!

http://kc7dji.smugmug.com/Nicole

Thanks for reading. Now for the feedback. I"ll get my padding on.

kc7dji

Comments

• Options
    thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2005
    Thanks for your lessons learned. May help me out later. I just wanted to say that I really like the atmosphere of the bridesmaid shot. It really beautiful, the composition is really nice on that shot. Good job.
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com