Bay Brige Night Panoramic

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited December 26, 2008 in Landscapes
The wife and I decided to spend the Christmas Holiday at her sister's in San Ramon. We typically fly up but this time we decided to take the coast up. I have tons of pictures but haven't had time to do any post processing on them. I did have some time to play around with a panoramic shot I took of the Bay Bridge. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out so I thought I'd share.

This was stitched together from 14 exposures.

f/16 @ 25 sec.
ISO 200
This is a smaller version:
442713645_mJ9nM-L.jpg

This is a low resolution larger shot:
442713645_mJ9nM-O.jpg
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• VanquizVanquiz Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2008
    Wow, gorgeous pano.

Great worksthumb.gif
  • a110p0a110p0 Registered Users Posts: 257 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2008
    Nice Pano
    Alex,
    Nice pano. Looks and sounds like you're having a productive photo
    trip.

There's another thread by aktse of a shot from Yerba Buena Island.
    She got some fantastic shots of the Bay Bridge looking west to SF.

It's not too far from where you took your pano.

Alvin
    Alvin
    Fremont, CA
    SmugMug Gallery
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2008
    Alvin,

Yeah, I'm having a really good trip. Last night, my wife and I went back to Treasure Island because the rain cleared up and the stormy sky was pretty awesome. Unfortunately, it was really windy at the bridge so my shots came out really shakey. I tried hiding behind a small wall and sheltering the camera and tripod from the wind with my body but no dice. A lot of shake from the wind.

I did use the opportunity to scope out some new shot locations and I think I may have found the exact places where Aktse took her shots from. We plan on returning tonight to see if I can get some more shots. We're also heading into Santa Cruz right now so I hope to get some good shots there too.

I haven't really touched this photo up in PP yet. Nothing other than stitching and cloning the bare spots in the sky.
    Alex
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2008
    ... Unfortunately, it was really windy at the bridge so my shots came out really shakey.... I think I may have found the exact places where Aktse took her shots from. We plan on returning tonight to see if I can get some more shots. We're also heading into Santa Cruz right now so I hope to get some good shots there too....
    The location is on the top of the Island. You can shoot over the fence and many people do that. There isn't parking, but there is a tow-away zone. Basically, look for a lot of tripods at sunset.

However, there is a fence opening with a three foot drop that leads to a path (created by photographers walking over it over time). However, if it's raining, I don't recommend it because it's loose dirt. Have fun!
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2008
    Hi Alex,

Fantastic pano! SF skylines are a bit of a special around Dgrin lately and you gave it a great run for its money :D

I've even tried myself, very unsuccessfully!

I'm moving your thread out of Journeys and into Landscapes for you. thumb.gif
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2008
    Really well done...

I'm glad you're enjoying your visit. It's a great place to shoot (in better weather also).
    Rags