Options

Adorama radio remote

jonboy61jonboy61 Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
edited December 26, 2008 in Accessories
This is just a plug for a great accessory... I ordered and just received before our family Christmas party an Adorama radio remote control for the Canon body I have, a 40D. The receiver plugs into the three prong socket on the body and the controller is about the size of three sticks of Juicy Fruit gum. Since the operation is by radio you don't have to face the camera like the cheaper infared Canon remotes. $109 and worth the $$.

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,852 moderator
    edited December 25, 2008
    jonboy61 wrote:
    This is just a plug for a great accessory... I ordered and just received before our family Christmas party an Adorama radio remote control for the Canon body I have, a 40D. The receiver plugs into the three prong socket on the body and the controller is about the size of three sticks of Juicy Fruit gum. Since the operation is by radio you don't have to face the camera like the cheaper infared Canon remotes. $109 and worth the $$.

Jonboy61, welcome to the Digital Grin. clap.gif

Did you have a link for the remote unit you mention?

Thanks,
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2008
    Welcome to dgrin!
    Growing with Dgrin

• Options
    edited December 26, 2008
    ziggy53 wrote:
    Jonboy61, welcome to the Digital Grin. clap.gif

Did you have a link for the remote unit you mention?

Thanks,

Well, I haven't figured out how to paste the link, but just go to www.adorama.com and put canon remote in the search box. The offer two versions, on with a single pin for the Xts/Xti cameras and the three pin connection for the bigger bodies.
  • Options
    edited December 26, 2008
    BTW, there are other versions for Nikons, Fuji, Pentax, etc....
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2008
    jonboy61 wrote:
    Well, I haven't figured out how to paste the link, but just go to www.adorama.com and put canon remote in the search box. The offer two versions, on with a single pin for the Xts/Xti cameras and the three pin connection for the bigger bodies.
    Easiest way is to copy the link from the address control of your browser and paste it directly into the body of a post. There are more elegant ways of getting the job done, but this way is quite reliable.

Is this the remote you are talking about? They list it for $85 right now.
    CZDR5DR.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 26, 2008
    I think that is the older version. The one I got has two parts; a "receiver" that has a cord to the socket on the camera (and can also be used as a shutter release) and a "transmitter" that is remote from the camera. The instruction sheet and packaging call it a "RFN3 Wireless Shutter Release."
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,852 moderator
    edited December 26, 2008
    It would appear from your description, price and model compatibility that this is what you got:

http://www.adorama.com/CZDRHSCA.html?searchinfo=canon%20remote&item_no=43
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums