Check out what I got TODAY!!!

MrsCueMrsCue Registered Users Posts: 412 Major grins
edited December 28, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
I wasn't sure where to share this and I very rarely browse any of the other forums so I thought maybe it would be best shared with my friends here at the challenges.
Getting a Kodak POTD is a challenge in itself but to get one today of all days?! :clap

I entered this shot last year!!!

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=2549&pq-locale=en_US&_requestid=11614

The email I got from the editor was so lovely. She said, "I loved your photograph so much, I kept it in the queue for a whole year so I could use it this year."

I haven't been able to get a screen shot of the webcam ALL day! :cry
Oh well, the glory feels great :thumb

Merry Christmas EVERYONE! :D
Canon EOS 40D, Canon EOS 350D, 50mm 1.8 MKII prime lens, 17-40mm f/4 L lens, 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS lens, 430 EX speedlite, Tungsten Continuous studio light, Pocket Wizards, Gary Fong Lightsphere, Stofen Omni bounce diffuser, 5in1 reflector

Comments

• VanquizVanquiz Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2008
    WOW, a stunning photo, I do understand why the editor hold your entry all these time for Christmas, it's totally worth it thumb.gif

Beautiful daughter, beautiful picture, I guess being picked as Kodak Christmas Photo of the Day, a whole year before, speaks for itself clap.gif
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2008
    Congrats! What a great present :) And absolutely gorgeous shot! Way to go!clap.gifwings.giflust
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2008
    clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    Aaron Nelson
  • MrsCueMrsCue Registered Users Posts: 412 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2008
    Thanks guys :D
    Canon EOS 40D, Canon EOS 350D, 50mm 1.8 MKII prime lens, 17-40mm f/4 L lens, 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS lens, 430 EX speedlite, Tungsten Continuous studio light, Pocket Wizards, Gary Fong Lightsphere, Stofen Omni bounce diffuser, 5in1 reflector

• Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2008
    Congratulations!wings.gifwings.gifwings.gif
    Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
    www.mikejulianaphotography.com
    Facebook
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2008
    Congrats! You can now join this community :D

http://www.moonriverphotography.com/community/KPotD

Kodak called me a week ago, they're gonna use some of my stuff on their new website, yay!
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2008
    Fabulous, Alison!! Way to go. :ivar:ivar:ivar

And kudos to you too, Andy. Can't wait to see yours.

Dgrinner's rule!

Virginia

Email
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2008
    Wow -the perfect unexpected present I'd say - CONGRATS!!!!!wings.gifbarbwings.gifbarb:ivarclap.gifclapclap.gifclapclap.gifclap
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2008
    A huge congrats from me too! That's awesome!!! clap.gif
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2008
    Nice shot, but I keep getting sent to a photograph that states it was taken by a Scott Kehan.....Mrs. Cue your name is not Scott? Right??

Peace and Hope you had a wonderful holiday.
    Donna
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited December 26, 2008
    Tentacion wrote:
    Nice shot, but I keep getting sent to a photograph that states it was taken by a Scott Kehan.....Mrs. Cue your name is not Scott? Right??

Peace and Hope you had a wonderful holiday.
    Donna

No I think her name is Allison which you can find from the previous page that is here....
    http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=10419&pq-locale=en_US&_requestid=5757

I think the link that she originally posted was a default for the pic of the day and it changes every day.

Congrates for the reconition for the pic Allison! Lovely picture!
  • OhEddieOhEddie Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2008
    Yes, Allison's pic is the one for December 25th 2008. And it is OUTSTANDING clap.gif
    Blessed are those who remain flexible, for they shall not get bent out of shape.
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2008
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2008
    Hey Mrs. C. Congrats on the photo, I found it, Very cool on another POTD from Kodak.

Hope your holidays were Great!!
    Donna
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • MrsCueMrsCue Registered Users Posts: 412 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2008
    Thank you all so much :D

• Fred MaurerFred Maurer Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2008
    Alison, that sure is a great shot! I understand why they kept it for a year! Perfect for Christmas morning.Congrat!
  • PaulThomasMcKeePaulThomasMcKee Registered Users Posts: 429 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2008
    thumb.gif Fantastic!thumb.gif
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2008
    thumb.gif Fantastic!thumb.gif

15524779-Ti.gifclap.gifclapclap.gif
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2008
    What a beautiful photo, Alison!

At first I was confused too about which was your photo...
    now I see:
    December 25. 2008
    Title:He's Here!!!
    Photographer:
    Alison Greenwood

Congratulations!!!
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2008
    I just saw this today - and learned your name, Alison - but I somehow found the correct photo. It is absolutely beautiful; perfect for the season and posted to POTD on the day it deserves. Absolutely fabulous! Congratulations! clap.gifclap.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather