Simply Stunning Girls

binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
edited May 18, 2005 in People
i got bored at my schools baseball game and started shooting my friends that were at the game. these two girls were pretty willing to let me take their pictures, you may recognize the girl on the right from a previous post. i haven't gotten around to process the rest yet, and i just barely worked on this shot, but i absolutely loved it and had to share it. here's the color version and a b&w conversion i was satisfied with. please tell me what you think.

(digital rebel, 70-200mm 2.8L (my baby) @ 110mm, f/3.2, iso 200 (not sure why not 100), 1/250sec)

22204561-M.jpg

22207566-M.jpg

Comments

• Peter DumontPeter Dumont Registered Users Posts: 261 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2005
    Hello Barry 1
    binghott wrote:
    i got bored at my schools baseball game and started shooting my friends that were at the game. these two girls were pretty willing to let me take their pictures, you may recognize the girl on the right from a previous post. i haven't gotten around to process the rest yet, and i just barely worked on this shot, but i absolutely loved it and had to share it. here's the color version and a b&w conversion i was satisfied with. please tell me what you think.

(digital rebel, 70-200mm 2.8L (my baby) @ 110mm, f/3.2, iso 200 (not sure why not 100), 1/250sec)

22204561-M.jpg

22204389-M.jpg
    Hello Barry !
    These girls are stunningly pretty .iloveyou.gif
    Great double portrait thumb.gif
    I do think the B/W conversion did them no good .
    I thought it made the image flatter and it made them lose detail.:cry

Perhaps you should give the B/W conversion another try.

Bye,
    Peter Dumont
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2005
    I do think the B/W conversion did them no good .
    I thought it made the image flatter and it made them lose detail.:cry

Perhaps you should give the B/W conversion another try.
    thanks, i took another shot at it, tell me what you think:

22204389-M-1.jpg
  • jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,009 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2005
    I am not a B/W fan and there is no way you can show the contrast in the coloring with both girls and the blue eyes headscratch.gifheadscratch.gif but just a rookie
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
    edited May 16, 2005
    jwear wrote:
    I am not a B/W fan and there is no way you can show the contrast in the coloring with both girls and the blue eyes headscratch.gifheadscratch.gif but just a rookie
    i've been starting to think the same thing about this picture.
  • dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2005
    Blue eyes and freckles man that screams "I NEED TO BE IN COLOR". Great shot, but then again that could simply be my weakness for blue eyes. ne_nau.gif
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2005
    Great looking girls and a great capture. thumb.gif Definitely stick with the color on this one - there's just too much good color to give it up here.
  • 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2005
    I agree that the color version is great and I see no reason to go BW here. I hope your school is using you to shoot their yearbook pics I love your work.
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited May 16, 2005
    Blue eyes and freckles man that screams "I NEED TO BE IN COLOR". Great shot, but then again that could simply be my weakness for blue eyes. ne_nau.gif

15524779-Ti.gif Fantastic portrait!!! I can almost hear them saying..."my what a big lens you have" :D
    edited May 16, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif Fantastic portrait!!! I can almost hear them saying..."my what a big lens you have" :D
    yeah, you know what they say about photographers with big lenses. . .
  • jordankreationzjordankreationz Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited May 16, 2005
    Have you tried doing a BW but leaving the girls eyes in color? That might be an awesome shot. Just a thought. ne_nau.gif
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited May 16, 2005
    Bing,

Very pretty friends and a good job of capturing their beauty thumb.gifthumb.gif

I have to agree with the majority. The color one is more pleasing to me also. Yep, the freckles and blue and brown eyes really do demand it.

Jordan has a nice idea too. That might turn out nicely. You'd lose the freckles, but you'd keep the eye colors :D

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2005
    The color photo is wonderful!

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • SusanBSusanB Registered Users Posts: 281 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2005
    I agree, the color one is awesome. There is nothing left to do as the image is stunning as is. Congratulations!!clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Susan
  • mereimagemereimage Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2005
    This is why we love photography
    Mereimage
  • canonguycanonguy Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2005
    agreed with above comments. Color all the way and nothing more to do with it. It is primo.