Options

Cs3 Problem

DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
edited December 27, 2008 in Finishing School
After editing my photos I save to a file as a psd, but its saving as a PSD Quick time file. I've been trying to change it, but I'm really lost.

Hope someone can help me with this.

Comments

• Options
    jjbongjjbong Registered Users Posts: 244 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2008
    Dogdots wrote:
    After editing my photos I save to a file as a psd, but its saving as a PSD Quick time file. I've been trying to change it, but I'm really lost.

Hope someone can help me with this.

I assume you're on Windows. If not, ignore the rest.

I also assume that you're saving it as a PSD file (i.e., with the psd suffix), but that it appears in Explorer as a QuickTime file. If this is the case, then the problem is that QuickTime, and not Photoshop, is defined as the default application for the psd suffix.

To fix this, open up any folder. Select Tools->Folder Options from the top. Select File Types. Scroll down to PSD, and click Change next to Opens With. Then select Photoshop.
    John Bongiovanni
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2008
    jjbong wrote:
    I assume you're on Windows. If not, ignore the rest.

I also assume that you're saving it as a PSD file (i.e., with the psd suffix), but that it appears in Explorer as a QuickTime file. If this is the case, then the problem is that QuickTime, and not Photoshop, is defined as the default application for the psd suffix.

To fix this, open up any folder. Select Tools->Folder Options from the top. Select File Types. Scroll down to PSD, and click Change next to Opens With. Then select Photoshop.

Yes..I'm using windows. Sorry for not mentioning it. I changed it to Photoshop.

Thanks John thumb.gif