Bangor Cave Bangor Alabama

CkPhotoCkPhoto Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
edited October 23, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
Bangor cave which is in terrible shape from crappy people spray painting it! Is a small cave near where I live.. It has a lot of history behind it.. it served as a speak easy during prohibition.. the bar is still there. Politicians from across the state of Alabama would board a train and arrive at a nearby track...

It was pitch black in there and all I had was a pocket LED flashlight and my Sb800.. I had to use the flashlight to focus because I'm not cool like that.

I was scared in there after I heard voices so I turned tail prematurely :dunno

Comments

• CkPhotoCkPhoto Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited December 27, 2008
    I'm guessing this is where you get your winnings?
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2008
    CkPhoto wrote:
    Bangor cave which is in terrible shape from crappy people spray painting it! Is a small cave near where I live.. It has a lot of history behind it.. it served as a speak easy during prohibition.. the bar is still there. Politicians from across the state of Alabama would board a train and arrive at a nearby track...

It was pitch black in there and all I had was a pocket LED flashlight and my Sb800.. I had to use the flashlight to focus because I'm not cool like that.

I was scared in there after I heard voices so I turned tail prematurely ne_nau.gif

It's ashame the graffiti artists (many are not artists at all, their work is crap) destroy so many things.
    You did a great job with your lighting on both shots I must say clap.gif

Thanks for sharing thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • kris10whitekris10white Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited October 23, 2011
    I live about 2min down the road from Bangor Cave and I absolutely love your pics. It is a waste that these kids (in which I am sure they are) have not respected the history behind this wonderful place. I am very happy that I have found these pictures.
    Kristen M. White