Oil rig at twilight

CoreheadCorehead Registered Users Posts: 210 Major grins
edited December 30, 2008 in Landscapes
Let's see how this shot turned out.

Nikon D200...ISO 100...f 3.2...1/100 sec...Tamron 75-300 set at 75mm.

Still some funky banding. Where's THAT coming from???

Comments

• roentarreroentarre Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2008
    Wow, great image in deed!
  • CoreheadCorehead Registered Users Posts: 210 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2008
    Thank ya, kindly!
    roentarre wrote:
    Wow, great image in deed!
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2008
    I am not sure I see banding, but with attached images you get a lot of compression so that might cause me to miss it. If there is some way you can host your images somewhere and link them, that's always better. Still, attachments work just fine! But the only banding I see is the striation in the clouds :D
  • CoreheadCorehead Registered Users Posts: 210 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2008
    FInding the way...oh yeah: so that I can show full-rez images without all the annoying resizing?

How to do that without getting RIPPED OFF!
    schmoo wrote:
    I am not sure I see banding, but with attached images you get a lot of compression so that might cause me to miss it. If there is some way you can host your images somewhere and link them, that's always better. Still, attachments work just fine! But the only banding I see is the striation in the clouds :D
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2008
    Corehead wrote:
    FInding the way...oh yeah: so that I can show full-rez images without all the annoying resizing?

How to do that without getting RIPPED OFF!

Not sure what experiences you've had...? headscratch.gif There are lots of image hosting companies out there, some free and some not, so that depends on what you're looking for. Many of us here on Dgrin are on SmugMug, but we understand the same solution doesn't suit everyone. thumb.gif