Post Xmas in 4 Shots

NachoNacho Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
edited December 29, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
Hi Folks:

This is a bit different. It consists of variations on a simple theme. I post them here as an exploration:

beadedlow.jpg

beadedmid.jpg

beadedmorning.jpg

beadedbw.jpg

Meant as a single composition quadriptych. A smaller version, perhaps best as a way to capture the quadriptych effect (I might like these better arranged vertically):

quadriptych.jpg

Best,

Nacho :D
Exposure Latitude(s).com
"The temple bell stops but the sound keeps coming out of the flowers." -- Basho

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2008
    Nacho wrote:
    Hi Folks:

This is a bit different. It consists of variations on a simple theme. I post them here as an exploration:

Meant as a single composition quadriptych. A smaller version, perhaps best as a way to capture the quadriptych effect (I might like these better arranged vertically):

Best,

Nacho :D

Nacho I like these very much clap.gif

The gradual change of colour is very well done I must say,
    and all four versions make for a nice sequence.

I like them Horizontal but as you say they would probably look good Vertically too thumb.gif

I love the colours you chose to do this series ..... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2008
    I find this effort to be very appealing. It's certainly creative on your part. I like the horizontal arrangement. Very well done.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2008
    I like the stepped desaturation. It's like you're watching the colors as they fade. Very well done! thumb.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • NachoNacho Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2008
    Thank you all. This was a serendipitous shot in the taking, and then when it came time to process I knew what I wanted with it as a progression. It is a seeming desaturation although I did not use a desaturate on it, but other filters. Thanks again, I am glad you found it resonated for you. : )

Best,

N
    Exposure Latitude(s).com
    "The temple bell stops but the sound keeps coming out of the flowers." -- Basho