Chelsey and Traver..My first ever photoshoot

Matt336Matt336 Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
edited December 29, 2008 in People
So I'm mostly a sports and motor sports photographer. So when my cousin Chelsey approached me to take a few photos of her and her boyfriend I was a little nervous but I thought I'd give it a shot. I have never done anything of the sort and I've already realized how much attention it takes when taking photos to notice little things (fingers cut off, wrinkles, harsh sunspots, etc). I want you guys to tell me how I did. The good, the bad, the ugly. Let me know. Unfortunately we started taking photos around 1pm so the sun was out in full force.

web_PP_DSC_09391.jpg

web_PP_DSC_0908.jpg

web_PP_DSC_0906.jpg

web_PP_DSC_0942.jpg

Equipment used was:

Nikon D3, Nikon 70-200, SB600 for fill.

Matt

Comments

• pvrsvarmapvrsvarma Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited December 29, 2008
    Grt shots Matt! I didn't believe it was your first attempt!
    You have handled the harsh light well.

Way to go!

Cheers!
    P V R S Varma

www.pvrsvarma.com
  • BCSPhotoguyBCSPhotoguy Registered Users Posts: 265 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2008
    Good work! The only thing I would have changed - And you may not have been able to control this - is having them not wear white shirts. The pics are bright - but there is still great detail. Smiles & emotion makes these shots to be proud of.

I too mostly do motorsports, so when i did some family shots for a good friend, he brought along a 4 wheeler to be in the shoot - He said it was to make me feel more comfortable, I say he just wants ALL his babies in the pics with him!!! :D
    ...more to come!
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2008
    Love 'em! Simply a great eye!
  • PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2008
    #1, #2 & #3 are Great Shots.

The top of #4 is blown out too much for my taste but you could bring it down in PS and it should be fine.

Take Care,
    Chuck
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com