My Sunrise Shots in 2008

lisaplisap Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
edited December 30, 2008 in Landscapes
I've discovered that I prefer to take pictures of the sunrise vs. the sunset. I think it's because there are less people out and about at sunrise. I like the quiet :D .

These are 4 of my favourites. I hope it's ok to post them all here because I think some are more 'waterscape' vs. 'landscape'. Please let me know if I should move them somewhere else.

C&C is welcome and appreciated!! :)

1) Sunrise over Caledon, Ontario
374772306_Mik74-L.jpg

2) Sunrise over Eagle Lake - Mikisew Provincial Park, Ontario (I tested out the Metallic paper on this one and it looks sooooo nice)
374768208_b9sGv-L-1.jpg

3) Sunrise over Eagle Lake - Mikisew Provincial Park, Ontario
374769623_XftkR-L.jpg

4) Sunrise over Loon Lake - Gravenhurst, Ontario
377451484_Dw9h6-L.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

-- Lisa P.

Comments

• coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2008
    Those definitely qualify as landscapes in my book!

The first is my favorite, love that silhouette (nicely composed scene also), and I really like the second as well with the fog coming off the water through the reflection of the sun. This is why it pays to get up early in the morning :D
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2008
    Nice series--I like #2 the best, but they are all good.
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2008
    I love #1... Good job Lisa... thumb.gif

Cheers,
  • lisaplisap Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2008
    Thanks so much for your comments.

I think #1 and #2 are my favourites as well. I took the first one for the first 'Day in the life of DGRIN' fun challenge here and it was the first time I specifically went out with the intention to 'capture' the sunrise and was also the first time I shot the entire day in RAW. I tried a bunch of different camera settings and took shots with my only two lenses that morning and was so worried that I was going to 'miss' the sunrise with all of my messing around! I was kind of shocked actually when I saw this one for the first time on the computer. I think that's when I got addicted to sunrises! :)

For the second one I keep wondering if maybe I should have gotten more on the left side. ne_nau.gif

-- Lisa P.