Beacons

PhotopaddlerPhotopaddler Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
edited December 30, 2008 in Landscapes
One of my pet projects it photographing lighthouses. Fortunatly living on the coast of Maine there is no shortage of subjects, each unique in form and personality. these are a few of the most recent I've taken. I am unsure of the first one due to shooting from the bottom of a hill the verticle lines are not verticle in the shot some opinions would be appreciated.

445544829_aiotJ-L.jpg

445544447_DEujV-L.jpg

445545236_vz6uY-L.jpg

445544789_7zAE6-L.jpg

this project has proven to be funn and challenging. By their very nature light houses are not easy to get to many here are on islands, some quite far off shore. Most the Coast Guard have fenced off, keeping people away from the steep drops to the water, so it is impossible to all the way around. As noted above feedback is appreciated thank you.

Comments

• Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2008
    Really love #2,3,&4 thumb.gifthumb #1 just doesn't work for me. The brick house detracts and the sky is a bit bland when compared to the others. maybe a bit more saturation on the sky and brick would help #1.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • PhotopaddlerPhotopaddler Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2008
    Jack'll do wrote:
    Really love #2,3,&4 thumb.gifthumb #1 just doesn't work for me. The brick house detracts and the sky is a bit bland when compared to the others. maybe a bit more saturation on the sky and brick would help #1.

thanks, for the comment. I wasn't real satisfied with #1 but I thought I would post it to see what people thought, sometimes my least favorites are others favorites.:D
  • NorthernFocusNorthernFocus Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2008
    Lighthouses ! And you have to be in the lighthouse capital of the world ! I've traveled to ME several times and can relate to the frustration of fences etc. We went well out of our way to a couple of lights only to discover that the interesting photographic perspectives were not accessible. Frustrating.

I agree with prior comment that the brick building messes up the first shot. Second and third are my favs with the stair shot being tops thumb.gif

Since you live there, I'd like to here your perspective on my Maine and Nova Scotia Gallery. If you take a look drop me a PM with what you think.
    Dan

My Photo Gallery:Northern Focus Photography
    I wish I was half the man that my dog thinks I am...