Pittsburgh

chakraschakras Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
edited December 31, 2008 in Landscapes
Hi All,

Does this composite work? Please c&c. I am not sure about the position of the moon and the fireworks. Thanks.

445606630_xg4Ak-M.jpg
Suvendra
http://chakras.smugmug.com/

The world is going to pieces and people like Adams and Weston are photographing rocks!
- Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comments

• clemensphoto'sclemensphoto's Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2008
    I think it works very well. Nice jobclap.gifclap.gif
    Ryan Clemens
    www.clemensphotography.us
    Canon 7D w/BG-E7 Vertical Grip, Canon 50D w/ BG-E2N Vertical Grip, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 580EX II Flash and other goodies.
    Ignorance is no excuss, so lets DGrin!
  • lisaplisap Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2008
    I don't know much about doing composites, but I think the moon and fireworks look great :)

One question.....with the sky, the vertical bands of colour seem to be quite defined as it moves from light to dark vs. a gradual change. Was that your intended effect?

-- Lisa P.
  • chakraschakras Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited December 31, 2008
    I think it works very well. Nice job
    Thanks for your comments clemensphotos.
    lisap wrote:
    I don't know much about doing composites, but I think the moon and fireworks look great :)

One question.....with the sky, the vertical bands of colour seem to be quite defined as it moves from light to dark vs. a gradual change. Was that your intended effect?

-- Lisa P.
    No it was not :cry. However, I am not that skilled with Photoshop. So, that is the best I could manage. I will try to fix that too. Also, I probably should have taken the shots at a much more frequent intervals. That is a composite of 7 images of the place while the light was transitioning.
    Suvendra

The world is going to pieces and people like Adams and Weston are photographing rocks!
    - Henri Cartier-Bresson
  • lisaplisap Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2008
    chakras wrote:
    No it was not :cry. However, I am not that skilled with Photoshop. So, that is the best I could manage. I will try to fix that too. Also, I probably should have taken the shots at a much more frequent intervals. That is a composite of 7 images of the place while the light was transitioning.

I don't think it's that far off. My photoshop skills aren't so great yet either, but as they say....practice makes perfect. :) I do like the various shades of blue though, even if the transitions aren't as smooth as they could be.

-- Lisa P.
  • roentarreroentarre Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2008
    Yes, this is stunning in deed!
  • chakraschakras Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited December 31, 2008
    lisap wrote:
    I don't think it's that far off. My photoshop skills aren't so great yet either, but as they say....practice makes perfect. :) I do like the various shades of blue though, even if the transitions aren't as smooth as they could be.

-- Lisa P.

Hi Lisa, I use Photoshop Elements - and I have a still lot to learn. But this specific photo was done using Paint Shop Pro that also I used extensively. I will try to redo the whole thing in PSE. As you said, practice makes perfect thumb.gif
    roentarre wrote:
    Yes, this is stunning in deed!
    Thanks for your kind words, roentarre.
    Suvendra

- Henri Cartier-Bresson