edited April 27, 2004
    another, messin around with some frames
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2004
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2004
    I love the expression in the last one. Rikki Tikki Tavi indeed.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited April 27, 2004
    tryin out different frame types
  • Options
    edited April 28, 2004
  • Options
    damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2004
    Hey Greaper

Can you give everybody a step-by-step how-to for your drop shadow technique? Is this in Photoshop?
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2004
    damonff wrote:
    Hey Greaper

Can you give everybody a step-by-step how-to for your drop shadow technique? Is this in Photoshop?

If you mean the drop shadow in the first image, it's under Layer/Layer Style/Drop Shadow. Play with the settings and the colors. to make it work, you need to create a duplicate layer (Control-J on a PC), go back to the original layer and expand your Canvas size.Put the drop shadow on the new layer, it will show up against the expanded canvas of your background layer.

Greaper, you should show off your frames in the Digital Darkroom Assignment thread, since frames are this week's challenge.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited April 28, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    If you mean the drop shadow in the first image, it's under Layer/Layer Style/Drop Shadow. Play with the settings and the colors. to make it work, you need to create a duplicate layer (Control-J on a PC), go back to the original layer and expand your Canvas size.Put the drop shadow on the new layer, it will show up against the expanded canvas of your background layer.

Greaper, you should show off your frames in the Digital Darkroom Assignment thread, since frames are this week's challenge.

Yeah, I know, but I wanted to do one for there with HATS and boy have I missed out. I have seen tons of hats this week but have been cameraless every time. I was even in the same hotel as a shriners circus and not a HAT shot to show for it.

No doubt the way you describe the first one is the right way to do it..... but I rarely manage to do things the right way.

The forst one was done by...

1) Use the crop tool to crop the image larger than it is by moving the edges out past the edge of the image an equal amount on all sides.

2) Use the magic wand to select the new white area outside the image.

3) click on select, then inverse to select just the image.

4) Hit copy, then paste, then paste again. You now have the original image with a white border around it and 2 copy layers of just the image.

5) select the center layer copy. Use the levels tool to make it almost totally black, then in layers set the opacity to 50 percent. Then use the move tool to position this "Shadow" where you want it.

6) Select the top layer copy and position it directly over the original.

7) flatten the image.

It's probably a stupid way to do it, but thats what I did.

If you mean the sceond one its a bit more complicated and I got it from a book called "The Photo Shop 7 Wow Book" by Jack Davis. I can explain it if you want but it will take some looking up as I dont remember and would have to go back through the history to see what I did.