Options

Calibration Issue..

ightenhillightenhill Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
edited January 1, 2009 in Technique
Recently spent some time calibrating the new monitor and though I have yet to commit anything to print I am rather concerned about weather it's right..

When I have looked at the phots on other peoples PCs including fellow amateurs who have also calibrated Im seeing vastly differing images. Do these two pics seem ok..

444777550_WYxLs-M.jpg

444857738_m25yF-M.jpg

both Nikon D80 with 18-55 VR DX Kit Lens

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2009
    ightenhill wrote:
    Recently spent some time calibrating the new monitor and though I have yet to commit anything to print I am rather concerned about weather it's right..

When I have looked at the phots on other peoples PCs including fellow amateurs who have also calibrated Im seeing vastly differing images. Do these two pics seem ok..

both Nikon D80 with 18-55 VR DX Kit Lens

The first image looks quite dark to me and the histogram confirms that. When I lighten it up with a curve, the colors look fairly decent. Here's the histogram from the first one:

2009-01-01_1020.png

The second one looks like about what I would expect for brightness, though it's a high dynamic range shot (bright highlights in the background, dark blacks on the coat).
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question