Blue Eiffel Tower

jpljpl Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
edited December 31, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
I posted this over in the whipping post last week and have yet to get a comment, so I figured I'd post it over here...

I've been taking pictures for about 6 months now and I picked up the hobby specifically for a European trip I took with my wife back in October. This is my favorite picture from the trip. I printed it out big and I'm a little disappointed with the print (that is another thread) but I still really like the shot. When mounted it, I crop off the bottom 1/5 of the image. I actually like the image slightly better in B&W but the Eiffel Tower was/is only blue for 2008 so the blue makes it special. (It it lit up blue because France is the current president of the EU. It is normally lit up white/yellow).

435344522_YQYBs-L.jpg

You can see the much larger version here

Comments

• chakraschakras Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited December 31, 2008
    Probably it is just me - but I would have liked to see the top of the tower at the right thirds for this viewpoint. But that is probably me being picky! eek7.gif Didn't you get the commemorative stars on the tower?
    Suvendra
    http://chakras.smugmug.com/

The world is going to pieces and people like Adams and Weston are photographing rocks!
    - Henri Cartier-Bresson
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2008
    jpl,

I think the main point is, that YOU like the photo! Nothing can top that. (unless of course your shooting for pay, then, what the customer likes is king)

I like the pic. I like the pink lights. Breaks up all that blue, which by the way is cool!

My only nit: I'd clone out the two small lights in the "circle" area in the lower left hand corner.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work. thumb.gif
    Randy
  • jpljpl Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited December 31, 2008
    chakras wrote:
    Probably it is just me - but I would have liked to see the top of the tower at the right thirds for this viewpoint. But that is probably me being picky! eek7.gif Didn't you get the commemorative stars on the tower?

I took dozens of shots of the tower and definitely got a few with the stars. The ones with the stars aren't as good though.