Options

just a beginner - CC please

BrieyasmomBrieyasmom Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
edited January 1, 2009 in Weddings
I am new to wedding photography. I have done a few and want to get better. I dont really have all the cool equipment I want but I try. And c&c would be welcome

Thanks

1444653527_XtAYc-M.jpg

2.444659065_gQouK-M.jpg

3.445214656_SvqCS-M.jpg

4.444821405_6JTTf-M.jpg

5.445692400_vFeVE-M.jpg

6.444822029_599y5-M.jpg

7.444825892_u5YYN-M.jpg

8.444826214_5TT4g-M.jpg

Thanks for looking
Heather

Comments

• Options
    AutonomousAutonomous Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited December 31, 2008
    I'm sorry but those are just.. dull.
    #4 are a little bit weird plus the right side of the picture looks weird and blurry.
    #5 are very unattractive at all, and the small trees in front are a distraction
    and the rest are also weird, blurry on the edges.
    I'm sorry if I'm harsh, and I'm no pro either, but in weddings you're supposed to capture the happiness sense in that joyous event, and the bride is also supposed to be given all the attention while capturing her wedding.
    I barely see the bride's face in all your pictures, and the bride's face in #7 are just... weird.

again, no offense but it's just all my honest opinion and critiques
    Rawr. Mwarr. Woof~
  • Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2008
    Dull? Weird? ....pretty harsh.

I actually think your comps are pretty darn good. The tree branches in #5 are a bit distracting but your overall composition in EACH photograph definately shows an "eye" for your craft. Keep @ it!
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2008
    My fav is #2. I do think that a teensy bit of contrast would help these puppies pop. Also I am wondering about #4. Did you use an action for some texture/blur and not mask out the b & g?

Listen to Idlewild and keep at it... You have some great potential to tap.
  • Options
    BrieyasmomBrieyasmom Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited December 31, 2008
    Thanks
    Thanks for everyones comments. I do want constructive criticism to make me better but i did like that not everyone thought i should throw in the towel. :) I know that the Bride is the focus point and I do have many Bride shots in my gallery I just wanted to show some that were a little more abstract and see what people thought. THe bride and groom loved them so that is all that really matters but I do want to hear what i could do to make them better.. such as take out the branches or remove some blur .
    Thanks again
    Happy New Year!!
    Heather Wilson
  • Options
    sherijohnsonsherijohnson Registered Users Posts: 310 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2009
    I think the few pictures you showed here show great promise. I can tell you have a creative eye.
    Sheri Johnson
    Atlanta, GA USA
    my smugmug
    Atlanta Modern Wedding Photographer
    SheriJohnsonPhotography.com
  • Options
    time2smiletime2smile Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2009
    thumb.gif I agree with most -- they show a good eye...thumb.gif

#2 If you would of pulled back a little to center the lamp in the spot between them it would of toped off the shot.

#4 The couple seem a little soft, maybe if you tightened the shot just a little more.
    Ted....
    It's not what you look at that matters: Its what you see!
    Nikon
    http://www.time2smile.smugmug.com