First try at this...cc welcome!!!

remerremer Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
edited January 2, 2009 in People
Thought I'd share a few pics of my favorite little nieces. CC welcome!

Comments

• remerremer Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited December 31, 2008
    another one
    edited December 31, 2008
    not doing this right am I????
    How the heck can I post more than 1 picture per thread???
    edited December 31, 2008
    last one
    sorry about all the replies!!! Help a newbie!!!
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2008
    I like the shots and your compositions are nice.....were the 1st two "supposed" to be that blue? (skin tones)
  • afev0602afev0602 Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2008
    remer wrote:
    sorry about all the replies!!! Help a newbie!!!

I think there is a tutorial for that , but I just take my photo's off a hosting location like photobucket and post the HTML off that, I'm sure there is an easier way.

As to your photo's however, your nieces are beautiful. I think they are reading way too cool however, you may want to warm the skin up a bit..very blue on my screen but I will say I'm not on a calibrated screen.
    Well, I guess you would call me... genus, humanus... Alice.
    http://aliceswonderland.smugmug.com/
    edited December 31, 2008
    Thanks! I think they're beautiful too! I don't have a calibrated screen either. These were taken with natural light but the room had a LOT of blue in it. I was in manual and was playing around. Only thing I did in PS was run a powder action on them for smoothness. Can anyone help me with the skin tone?
  • TrevlanTrevlan Registered Users Posts: 649 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2008
    remer wrote:
    Thanks! I think they're beautiful too! I don't have a calibrated screen either. These were taken with natural light but the room had a LOT of blue in it. I was in manual and was playing around. Only thing I did in PS was run a powder action on them for smoothness. Can anyone help me with the skin tone?

Lucky for you I brought my laptop to work today. Do you mind if I take a quick run on the photos? They look great, the blue cast is pretty distracting.
    Frank Martinez
    Nikon Shooter
    It's all about the moment...
  • Cuties02qCuties02q Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2008
    Very cute!! The first two do look very blue but the second two look great =)
    Part time photographer...Full time mommy :D

My equiment: Nikon D50, Nikon D300, SB-600, 30mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8

WEBSITE
    BLOG
    edited December 31, 2008
    Yes!!!!
    PLEASE feel free.....I think I'm color blind....or else my monitor is WAY off. Can't wait to see what you do to them!
    edited December 31, 2008
    remer wrote:
    PLEASE feel free.....I think I'm color blind....or else my monitor is WAY off. Can't wait to see what you do to them!

Looks like the white balance was off. It was easily corrected with Camera Raw. Popped the eyes a bit and made the blacks black. The images look great. Just have to wait a bit because smugmug is out of order. SAVE US BALDY!
    Frank Martinez
    Nikon Shooter
    edited December 31, 2008
    Used my old image hosting. Let me know what you think of the edits.

Addi
    addiuh4.jpg

Nikie
    nikiekj2.jpg
    Frank Martinez
    Nikon Shooter
    edited December 31, 2008
    Awesome!!!
    You did GOOD!!!! Now I'll try to work on the others and see what I can do to them. I haven't been doing this for long so have LOTS to learn. Thanks!
  • AngryRedAngryRed Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited January 1, 2009
    I know they aren't my pics but nice job Trevlan on the processing. Really big difference.
    Love this place, but I am an ADV rider too!
    F800GS
    edited January 1, 2009
    Thanks both of you! Usually when the cast is blue like that, it's a white balance issue. Hope this helps. Happy New Year!
    Frank Martinez
    Nikon Shooter
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2009
    Love those first two shots nice soft light.
    Try the skin color correction eyedropper if you have any of the PHotoshop programs.
    The corrections are a bit to bright and to much contrast, lost the nice soft light.
    Such cute little girls and the photos really captured that!
    edited January 2, 2009
    I didn't do anything PP to the faces, just the eyes. That was the original brightness after the correct white balance was selected.

I did bump the contrast up with a color burn technique it use. Works well with adults, guess it's not great for childred. But they don't look as horrible as you say it does. Maybe your monitor needs calibration? ne_nau.gif

Checked it on two fairly calibrated monitors. I'll check it on my main calibrated monitor at home.
    Frank Martinez
    Nikon Shooter
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2009
    Just a quick try. Some levels, some curves and a layer adjustment. Watch you highlihgts, you want to expose for them. Very lovely photos.