Options

working w/ CSS & smugmug's code

lifeonfilmphotographylifeonfilmphotography Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited May 17, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Hi,

I am customizing a page for http://www.lifeonfilmphotography.com. I want to make the headers that say "lifeonfilmphotography's home" and the navigation-related "gallery categories" a different color than default. They are gray and white on the main page, and they don't work with our color scheme.

I tried to use CSS to do this but have not been able to make them change on the main page. However, on the lower levels in the navigation (like home > Weddings) some of the header does change color. I want to remove the inconsistencies! Things I've tried:

-using a DIV after the header and ending before the rest of the footer, and then specifying colors for the DIV in the stylesheet.
-using the same class name (headlg) that smugmug does to add my preferences to that class (not sure if that would work, but it was worth a shot).

I am wondering whether the specifications for some of these headers are in-line with the code itself... if they are, there's NO way to change them as I understand it. I am wondering why it would be inflexible in that way on the main page, but not on the lower levels of navigation.

Here's my stylesheet in case anyone has tips & needs the info:

BODY {
background-color: black
}
A:LINK {
color : #FF9966; text-decoration: none;
}
A:VISITED {
color : #CC6633; text-decoration: none;
}
.linksfont {
font-family: "Monotype Corsiva"
}

The .linksfont refers to a related problem - we want to change the font of the gallery titles on the main page. No luck with this so far either. Can anyone help?

Comments

• Options
    winnjewettwinnjewett Registered Users Posts: 329 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2005
    Here's the code that displays the cookie crumb links:
    brilliantphoton's home  >  Bear Creek Dog Park There are a few options you can use. One way is to use the class headlg:

/*This will affect all text, but not links*/
    .headlg{
    color: red;
    }

/*This will affect all links, but not text*/
    .headlg a{
    color: red;
    }
    /*remember to tell the browser what to do when the mouse hovers over the link:*/
    .headlg a:hover{
    color: #f33;
    }

hth,
    -Winn
  • Options
    lifeonfilmphotographylifeonfilmphotography Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited May 17, 2005
    Yes, problem solved! Thanks!