Waiting for someone...

kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
edited January 3, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
...to sit down. Looks kinda lonely sitting there by itself. I used Lightroom to edit this. I normally don't like partially desaturated images but I do like this one because of the color of the bench and so on. I softened the grass, removed color, added vignette. Took about 5 to 7 minutes in Lightroom 2.

446345412_Lz7Gh-L.jpg

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2009
    kygarden wrote:
    ...to sit down. Looks kinda lonely sitting there by itself. I used Lightroom to edit this. I normally don't like partially desaturated images but I do like this one because of the color of the bench and so on. I softened the grass, removed color, added vignette. Took about 5 to 7 minutes in Lightroom 2.

A beautiful result clap.gif I like the vignetting you've added.
    It actually looks romantic .... nicely done thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2009
    Thanks Skippy. I'm wondering if the apple tree behind the bench is distracting or actually helps the photo. Not sure.
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2009
    kygarden wrote:
    Thanks Skippy. I'm wondering if the apple tree behind the bench is distracting or actually helps the photo. Not sure.

Very nice use of selective colorization. I think the tree is important in this image since it's shade is probably the reason the bench was placed in that particular spot.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • clemensphoto'sclemensphoto's Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2009
    Great job. I really like the color (even if it is a pink), it works very well.clap.gifclap.gif
    Ryan Clemens
    www.clemensphotography.us
    Canon 7D w/BG-E7 Vertical Grip, Canon 50D w/ BG-E2N Vertical Grip, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 580EX II Flash and other goodies.
    Ignorance is no excuss, so lets DGrin!