Options

Need to change watermark from 2008 to 2009

Pete291Pete291 Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
edited January 3, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hi

I've forgotten how to do this. I know there was something in Smugmug where you could modify your watermark i.e. change the transparency or fading e. g. I use "wmarklight" which has just the right fading.

I've got a new PNG file ready to go, but I don't know how to make it into a watermark. I want to keep the same fading but just change to year from 2008 to 2009. I can't find the watermark menu anywhere.

Thanks.

Pete

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2009
    Pete291 wrote:
    Hi

I've forgotten how to do this. I know there was something in Smugmug where you could modify your watermark i.e. change the transparency or fading e. g. I use "wmarklight" which has just the right fading.

I've got a new PNG file ready to go, but I don't know how to make it into a watermark. I want to keep the same fading but just change to year from 2008 to 2009. I can't find the watermark menu anywhere.

Thanks.

Pete
    Upload it to where your other site files are and under tools select "make into watermark".
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2009
    And more help http://www.smugmug.com/help/custom-watermark-protection here and also a linked tutorial on making your own watermark thumb.gif
  • Options
    EvangelineEvangeline Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited January 1, 2009
    Is there anyway to modify an existing brush watermark.

I can't seem to find the font I used prior to make a new one.
  • Options
    Pete291Pete291 Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited January 1, 2009
    Evangeline wrote:

Yes what is the menu trail to edit an existing watermark? I want to be sure to use the same fading which, after much tweaking, has turned out just right.

Pete
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,270 moderator
    edited January 1, 2009
    Pete291 wrote:
    what is the menu trail to edit an existing watermark? I want to be sure to use the same fading which, after much tweaking, has turned out just right.
    It's on the Pros tab of the Control Panel. See http://www.smugmug.com/help/custom-watermark-protection

--- Denise
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2009
    Evangeline wrote:

Nope, you can't edit JPEG or PNG files anymore. They are rendered when you save them in your photo software. You could try searching for some kind of font analyzing software on the web to help you finding out which font you used, but I don't know if such a thing really exisits and if it's worth the time.

It might be easier to just go through your font list.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero