Options

from pc to mac license help

mrfizzedmrfizzed Registered Users Posts: 622 Major grins
edited January 3, 2009 in Finishing School
i have recentyl switched from pc to mac and for some reason my lightroom code from pc works fine on mac but my photoshop elements does not. any idea why or how i can get it to work? id rather not have to buy it again obviously.

Comments

• Options
    WachelWachel Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2009
    Your best bet is to call/email Adobe and ask them. I have several macs and several PC's. Some serials work on both and some don't.

Good luck.
    Michael

<Insert some profound quote here to try and seem like a deep thinker>

Michael Wachel Photography

Facebook
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2009
    mrfizzed wrote:
    i have recentyl switched from pc to mac and for some reason my lightroom code from pc works fine on mac but my photoshop elements does not. any idea why or how i can get it to work? id rather not have to buy it again obviously.

Lightroom is one product for both Mac and PC so apparently the same serial works either place.

Some other products are separate by platform. I know for Photoshop CSx, you can call Adobe and have them transfer your license to the other platform, but then you can only use it on that platform.

You might as well call them and ask if they can do that for Elements.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,699 moderator
    edited January 3, 2009
    mrfizzed wrote:

This question need to be asked of Adobe, I am afraid.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2009
    mrfizzed wrote:
    As has been said, Lightroom is a dual license. However virtually all other Adobe products you will have to contact Adobe to get another platforms license, and quite likely pay extra.

Here's hoping the LR way is the way of the future, but only time will tell!

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2009
    I have done the cross grade a few times from Mac to PC to Mac... Adobe charges ou $10 for new media, that is it. You also have to sign a piece of paper saying you destroyed the other one.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact