Shhhhh Secret Hiding Place.........

MarkjayMarkjay Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
edited May 17, 2005 in People
Young fella, what do you think you are doing? You're not supposed to be looking at the "secret hiding place" :):

I'm not the worlds best portrait / candid guy but, when I DO, I prefer photographing Kids. Kids do things in their own little world, without care of what the rules are. That's what makes them fun to photograph!

He was actually watching a plane take-off. But, because of the angle of view, what he's looking at is a mystery to the image viewer... and I like it that way.

12304797-M-1.jpg
Markjay
Canon AE1 - it was my first "real camera"
Canon 20D - no more film!

Comments

• Nee7x7Nee7x7 Registered Users Posts: 459 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2005
    Hmmmm...
    For some reason, I'm really curious to see this one in color (if you have it). The B&W seems a little bit stark for a photo of a child doing something cute. Kids are great subjects, but not the easiest to capture (I know cuz my 4 year old grandson never holds still for more than a split second, Laughing.gif!). Keep at it...(and I know where you're strengths are...the best darn still life studio shots and your bird photos from your area are also fantastic!).

By the way...we are planning a trip to Florida soon (Palm Coast, south of St. Augustine). Harry Berhet (sp?) is going to get together with us (and possibly some other photogs) for an outting to the Alligator Farm and Rookery in St. Augustine. If you're in that area (looks like around the 2nd week of June...we'll keep ya posted), you're welcome to join in with us on the outting.

Cheers!
    ~Nee :)
    http://nee.smugmug.com[/COLOR]
    http://www.pbase.com/rdavis

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence that you tried~
  • MarkjayMarkjay Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2005
    Hi, Nee!
    Yes, I do have that shot in Color but there were too many distracting color elements for my taste.

As for St. Augustine.... I'm meeting up with Harry this weekend or next. Around the 2nd of June I hope to be in NYC in my old "stomping grounds" making the rounds with my 20D and taking a maddening number of photographs that weekend :-)

Thank you for the invite!

Markjay

Nee7x7 wrote:
    For some reason, I'm really curious to see this one in color (if you have it). The B&W seems a little bit stark for a photo of a child doing something cute. Kids are great subjects, but not the easiest to capture (I know cuz my 4 year old grandson never holds still for more than a split second, Laughing.gif!). Keep at it...(and I know where you're strengths are...the best darn still life studio shots and your bird photos from your area are also fantastic!).

By the way...we are planning a trip to Florida soon (Palm Coast, south of St. Augustine). Harry Berhet (sp?) is going to get together with us (and possibly some other photogs) for an outting to the Alligator Farm and Rookery in St. Augustine. If you're in that area (looks like around the 2nd week of June...we'll keep ya posted), you're welcome to join in with us on the outting.

Cheers!
    ~Nee :)
    Markjay
    Canon AE1 - it was my first "real camera"
    Canon 20D - no more film!