A Couple photoshoot for Christmas

PhilmarPhilmar Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
edited January 3, 2009 in People
Only my second attempt at this, I usually shoot Sports photos but one of my Sports customers asked if I would do Photos of him and his girlfriend for Christmas. I said why not...they seemed to like them. It was snowing at the time, in a couple of the Photos it was actually comimg down a little to hard. CC welcome
Phil
DSC_1829.JPG
DSC_1837.JPG
DSC_1856.JPG
DSC_1867.JPG
DSC_1878.JPG
DSC_1879.JPG

Comments

• SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2009
    Hi. Of the set, I like the first one the best. I'd clone out the pole or whatever it is that's sticking out of the guy's head, though.

The posing in the others is nice but there seems to be something weird with the colour (and my monitor is calibrated) among the various photos - the guy's hair varies from strawberry blond to red?

I like the framing concept in #4 except that everything is natural wood except for the grey plastic pipe behind the girl which stands out as a result.

Nice set though and I'm sure the couple is very happy.:D
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • mayassamayassa Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited January 2, 2009
    The couple does look very happy, pics 3,5 looks like a role reversal to me. She is taller than him she keeps pushing her head down. I was confused by this in shoot 2, until I realized he is standing on higher ground. Maybe someone can give us both tips for shooting taller women next to a man.
    You can use my Smug Mug coupon a0rrvSicVVqE2

Rick-Matassa.smugmug.com/
  • sara505sara505 Registered Users Posts: 1,684 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2009
    Nice pics, but would be good to have more of the couple interacting with each other, less staring at camera.
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2009
    mayassa wrote:
    The couple does look very happy, pics 3,5 looks like a role reversal to me. She is taller than him she keeps pushing her head down. I was confused by this in shoot 2, until I realized he is standing on higher ground. Maybe someone can give us both tips for shooting taller women next to a man.

I actually don't think she is taller. (Check out the full body photo) I think it is more of a perspective issue. If you notice the camera is slightly closer to her in each of the photos. That is making her look a bit bigger than she is in reality and taller than him.

The first one is the best by far. Great looking kids.
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2009
    I like this set. The colors make the couple look warm, which is nice with the snow all around them. A nice joy comes through their faces as well. It would be nice next time you do a couples shoot to have a few of them looking at each other instead of at the camera, but otherwise, good work!
  • roentarreroentarre Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2009
    Stunning work!clap.gif :ivar wings.gif