Options

Imagenomic portraiture plugin

cappicappi Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
edited January 3, 2009 in Finishing School
I've been playing around with this plugin a little. Seems pretty cool. Easy to use. I'm sure I haven't come close to it's full potential. I never was very good at reading directions. Here's a quick one I did. I need to try it on an old face or on some acne. :dunno

446931522_H9MnY-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited January 1, 2009
    Here's without the plugin. 446505966_Zkqj3-L.jpg
    cappi wrote:
    I've been playing around with this plugin a little. Seems pretty cool. Easy to use. I'm sure I haven't come close to it's full potential. I never was very good at reading directions. Here's a quick one I did. I need to try it on an old face or on some acne. ne_nau.gif

446931522_H9MnY-L.jpg
  • Options
    gchappelgchappel Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2009
    To me the skin looks a little too plastic.
    I use this plugin a lot- and find it can save a lot of time.
    It does a decent, not great job- I can clearly do better manually, but that takes 15+min per picture, and I can batch dozens of pictures and be done in a minute with this plugin.
    Try using the plug in on a separate duplicate layer. Then reduce this layers opacity so you can see some of the original layer behind it. When I batch I set the opacity of the softened layer to about 60%. I find it brings back enough skin detail to look more real. Of coarse if you are looking for the fashion/glamor look you nailed it. Nice picture.
    Gary
  • Options
    edited January 2, 2009
    gchappel wrote:
    It does a decent, not great job- I can clearly do better manually, but that takes 15+min per picture, and I can batch dozens of pictures and be done in a minute with this plugin.
    Try using the plug in on a separate duplicate layer. Then reduce this layers opacity so you can see some of the original layer behind it. When I batch I set the opacity of the softened layer to about 60%. I find it brings back enough skin detail to look more real. Of coarse if you are looking for the fashion/glamor look you nailed it. Nice picture.
    Gary

Thanks for the tip Gary, I will try the duplicate layer suggestion! I'm working on learning how to do it the good old fashion way too.thumb.gif
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,699 moderator
    edited January 3, 2009
    gchappel wrote:
    Gary
    15524779-Ti.gif

I find myself beginning to really dislike the plastic skin look, but it is quite common in the commercial world. Layers and the Opacity slider can really help defuse that.

Nice photo of a lovely child.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin