My Son's first year of life....

BlueEchoesBlueEchoes Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited January 3, 2009 in People
First post here.

I am in no way a portrait photographer.

My son Calvin was born on November 15th, 2008. I decided to start a website and post a photo a day for the first year of his life and posting a "diary" along with it.

I have no idea if I am getting better or worse. I know I am getting less sleep, staying up later and later trying to get a photo for that day! All photos are taking in natural lighting, no additional lighting is used (my first mistake on some of them probably)

Here is the link:

http://www.calvinweston.net

Comments

• ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2009
    BlueEchoes wrote:
    First post here.

I am in no way a portrait photographer.

My son Calvin was born on November 15th, 2008. I decided to start a website and post a photo a day for the first year of his life and posting a "diary" along with it.

I have no idea if I am getting better or worse. I know I am getting less sleep, staying up later and later trying to get a photo for that day! All photos are taking in natural lighting, no additional lighting is used (my first mistake on some of them probably)

Here is the link:

http://www.calvinweston.net

I think you're off to a great start and getting more creative as you go along :) I love this idea, it's been an idea I constantly keep in the back of my head as I've been planning to do this for a while whenever my husband and I decide to have kids. Great job tracking the life of your little one, keep it up! :)
  • roentarreroentarre Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2009
    Wonderful photograph!
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2009
    roentarre wrote:
    Wonderful photograph!
    Which photograph? headscratch.gif
  • ahannahann Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited January 3, 2009
    I think the photos are great. I am TRULY a beginner so I am not sure my comment means much. Do you mind if I ask what you are shooting with?
  • BlueEchoesBlueEchoes Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited January 3, 2009
    Thanks for all the nice comments!

I am using a Canon EOS 1Ds Mark II and all but 2 shots are with the 50mm f1.4. No flash (should start trying that), all natural light, as low an ISO as possible, nothing higher than 800. I use Lightroom so I really cannot eliminate noise like other softwares out there. It has been really tough since I got back to work, but I am not going to give up dangit!

It is amazing, he knows the sound of the camera, and stares at it when I take it out. He is truly amazing!